Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
15.158 @90.23 new best

I went to the track tonite and ran a personal best. My clutch is still slipping but the cooler weather helps alot. Iam hoping to go back next friday and see if I can do any better hopefully through this winter I can do some work to my car if i can get it offthe road.Iam thinking new clutch fidanza/mx3 flywheel and to be in the 14's. I try to scan my slip and maybe post a vid of the run I also ran another 6 with a ze and took him with a 15.359 and him a 15.370:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Nice work. I've been struggling at the 15.1 mark for the last couple weeks, only my traps were 95, 96. :rolleyes: When Kumho lists their 712's as "summer performance tires" they aren't kidding. These things are like rocks when it dips to 40 degrees.

Oh well, next year...more mods, better tires, hopefully a fixed tranny. :tup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good run!! I'm just disappointed to see a ze run a 15:3:confused:

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
Caffeine said:
Nice work. I've been struggling at the 15.1 mark for the last couple weeks, only my traps were 95, 96. :rolleyes: When Kumho lists their 712's as "summer performance tires" they aren't kidding. These things are like rocks when it dips to 40 degrees.

Oh well, next year...more mods, better tires, hopefully a fixed tranny. :tup:
are you serious? man i have those tires, and i always thought summer tires simply meant that they weren't good in snow. the other night it was about 50 and my tires wouldn't grip the road for ****. broke them loose at any point i floored it in first gear

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies and the ze that I took he later that night ran a 14.779 so when we ran I had a better launch and he was still getting warmed up. Juggalo how were u running a 15.1 with only a CAI and clutch and crappy tires, any way good job. Here was my run times.

R/t ......... .939 horrible
60'.......... 2.258
330......... 6.326
1/8 ......... 9.732
mph......... 71.91
1000........ 12.664
1/4........... 15.158
mph.......... 90.36

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Good run against the ZE :D :tup: Get a 65mm TB and you are in the 14's

·
Registered
848 Posts
mx6_mystere said:
Juggalo how were u running a 15.1 with only a CAI and clutch and crappy tires, any way good job.
94 octane+ octane booster, fresh oil change, and all the tune up parts and labor possible (plugs, wires, fuel filter, throtle body cleaned, fuel injection cleaned, combustion chamber cleaned, and ignition timing adjusted, using all Mazda parts installed by a Mazda tech) belive it or not preventive maintanance helps more than what people think it does. And of course good driving skills performed at sea level when the car was cooled off with before the run. And the car is always extremely (I stress extremely) clean for good aerodynamics:lol:

Juggalo

·
Registered
517 Posts
My fastest run that night was actually a 14.809, I never broke in to the 14.7's. Keep in mind that my car has 03 manifold, ecu and vaf.

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
thats kinda smart to have an 03 manifold on there, so you're taking care of some of the emissions bs, but with the wrong computer you're still not going to get the proper fuel mapping that the ze demands. what other mods do you have?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was wrong

Pirelli I thought u said a 14.7 my bad I am going next week are u going to be ther e if so I'll see u there. Iam still looking for anybody to host some of my track vids any info would help and I scanned my timeslip I can't figure out how to put it in this thread much help would be appreciated see ya later 6ers.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
mxmissle9 said:
are you serious? man i have those tires, and i always thought summer tires simply meant that they weren't good in snow. the other night it was about 50 and my tires wouldn't grip the road for ****. broke them loose at any point i floored it in first gear

Well I can definately attest Kumhos aren't good in the snow, at least when they are brand new. I ordered them on a beautiful spring day, the next day when I had them mounted it was snowing like crazy. I ended up lightly rear ending this lady not even a mile down the road after. :lol:

I dunno, on the street they seem to grip OK in the cold. But above 60+ is ideal. On the track with 40 degree temps I would just spin up to 3rd even on light launches.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I will probably be at the track next sunday.

And that is the reason why I did the motor, and I can't use the ECU since my car is a 97 and therefore an OBD II car. It won't work, already looked into that. As for my mods they are the following:
Test pipe
2.25 inch exhaust with stragith threw muffler
cut prelude intake
exedy stage one
mx3 flywheel
lightweight front rims
that's it I think

G

·
cayuga?

pirelli and mx6_mystere, do you two drive black mx6s?? and were you at cayuga friday? if so then i saw you two while i was there, i was the white mx3 with the rear skirt, dunno if you remember seeing me or not, im pretty sure i raced one of you, dunno who tho. that 14.779 run was probably me, i have it on one of my slips anyway. my best of the night (and so far) was a [email protected] you guys got some nice times btw, practice makes perfect, and a good clutch will help you a lot, believe me! lol lates

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: cayuga?

I was there with 0NeQik3.
You guys did some nice runs. Like 0NeQik3 said a clutch will help you a lot, look at the times he's getting now.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Caffeine said:
Well I can definately attest Kumhos aren't good in the snow, at least when they are brand new. I ordered them on a beautiful spring day, the next day when I had them mounted it was snowing like crazy. I ended up lightly rear ending this lady not even a mile down the road after. :lol:

I dunno, on the street they seem to grip OK in the cold. But above 60+ is ideal. On the track with 40 degree temps I would just spin up to 3rd even on light launches.

i have bridgestone potenza RE730's and they corner very well when it's cold, but it seems that when it's hot out they seem to have a bit of tire roll since they are summer tires and get soft when it's hot. when it's cold the tires are hard and cornering is better. less tire roll i guess. it is very cold tonight and i was afraid to drive it because it was raining mixed with a little snow. i didn't think the tires would stick that good but they actually did. now for the snow i don't think it will but i'm storing it this winter since i got a beater now.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If they go away when they are hot, trying using more air, i have re750's and had the same problem, now i run 42 front and 38 rear, they are great now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts