Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find a hubcentric wheel spacer for my 1G GT - 59.6mm center bore, with 5 studs. Anybody know of a source? Or if you've installed spacers, did get a larger center bore spacer and just use a hubcentric ring to adapt?

I need to push my rear wheels out about 1/2 inch.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
H+R should make a 15mm hubcentric spacer. I believe they also include longer wheel studs in ther kits that require more thread engagement.

Thing is those spacers are usually hubcentric to the factory wheels. As soon as you use an aftermarket wheel (that wont have the same hub bore as stock) then the hubcentricity becomes pretty pointless.

FWIW, theres plenty of cars that roll off the factory line without hubcentric wheels (3rd gen camarobirds come to mind along with a lot of 90s toyota trucks). Pretty much all of the club racing being done with production car chassis and aftermerket wheels arent being done with hubcentric rings/spacers(the rings either melt or get frozen/welded on making it problematic to use an alternate wheel).

Me...I dont use them. Cinch the lugs snug when the wheel is up in the air and torque to spec when the car is on the ground.

Gavin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts