Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want opinions on how it would look to have 16" rims in the front and 17" in the back. Just want to know if most people think it looks good or not.

·
Registered
242 Posts
lol its not a chevy nova no need for that stance since its front wheel drive personally it would look bad and people would laugh if they know anything about cars do 17's all around and drop it 2 1/2 inch then ull be real slick im doing 18's with airbags.

jimmy

·
Registered
68 Posts
i had a similar question to this.......i was lookin into some 17s but will that wheel fill the wheel well very well?(say that 5 times fast)ok maybe its not that hard.....but how much of a drop would be necessary...i dont want a street sweeper i just want to eliminate squat and body roll

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You can look at my cardomain page. I have 17's unlowered in the pics and it's looking pretty full. I think 18's with a drop is just too risky for rub. But yeah just get adjustable coilovers so you can drop or raise the car when you want to to adjust the gap.
Crooks

G

·
I also have 17's (215, 45, 17) on an unlowered LS. Same here, it fills the wheel wells quite nicely. Unfortuantely, my car corners for $#*& and I really wanna lower it 2". Has anyone with a similar configuration done this? Do you have a problem with the wheels rubbing?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i dont think 16"s up front w/17"s in the rear is a bad idea. the 16's wouldnt hurt acceleration as bad as 17"s put idk. **this thread is worthless without a picture**

·
Registered
79 Posts
No Problem with my 18's

I have 225x40x18 set-up and I have no problems with rubbing - Alignment problem.. Yes!! But, that is just because I have not installed an alignment kit.

I have a question for the member with airbags! How is the ride at high speeds (80+mph)? How does it corner at high speeds? If I get the kit will the airbags prevent me from being able to corner and race? Some people with the airbags say great ride, but, they never comment on how the ride is during different situations.

If you could enlighten us with your knowledge, I am sure it will be welcomed.

Thank you -!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts