Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheers Peeps.

love ur wheels Asso, and thats a nice body colour, what is it?

I've decided to go for 16's somthin like

205/16/50

and nice alloys.

I hope it doesn't effect the quality of the ride

·
Registered
446 Posts
That's what came stock on the '96 M-edition and '97 LS as far as I know. 16"s are nothing to worry about at all.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks...

The colour as far as I know is called Periwinkle.

You'll have no problems with 205/50/16's, in fact you'll notice quite an improvement in your handling!

·
Registered
78 Posts
was this thred meant as a reply to a topic or something? Perhaps this one

Well anyways the stock tire on the M edition is the same as the LS - 205/55/15. If you're going to buy new rims that are 16's, go for the 225/50. You won't regret it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stumper N Asso, U peep's gotta help me with this situation. I went to this place the other day and asked If i went for 16's would there be any complication's?

The guy replies saying that it should be cool as long as you stick to the stock width meaning 205.

What I really wanna go for is either 225/50vr/16 or 17's. I seriously need advice as to what options I have in terms of width and diameter. After getting the tire's how will the car look overall, I hate seeing the gap between tire and body on the stock.

If I opt for say 205/215/40/17 would there be any modification's required to the suspension. Need loads of advice on this peeps.

Peace Out

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kumho's

By the way, Have you heard of Kumho's?

Are the worth getting, as I can get a good price on em, they look sweet!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
First of all, you're going to have a gap with all of those sizes, 'cept for the 17's, which would be less gap. You need to lower your car if You want NO gap. As far as deciding between 16's and 17's, if you have the money, get 17's. I think they look that much better. As far as I know, from what I've read from every thread about tire sizes, 225 shouldn't rub at all. Right now I have 205/55/16's on my rims. My rims are 16 X 7.5, so I could put on 215/50/16 without a problem. I would put 225/45/16's on, but I don't know if they would stick out from the rim too much or not. Check these links out for more info: this..
and this...

Kumhos, from what I heard are great tires...tread life minimal..

Hope this helps,
asso

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool,
Cheer's Man. Do you have any tire recommendations in terms of high performance, what are the Nito's and Yoko's that everyone goes on about. I've currently got 195/50/15's from the previous owner and they need changing. I think i'm gonna go for 215/45/17.....

What do you honestly think. Would they look good o (the v6. Also a bit off the subject (not sure if you know,) but what's the best cold air intake's for the ls.

Finally last but not least, after gettin my tire's i'd love to get a respray. Any advice.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
if u want to go with Nito's i think it be better to go with 215/40/17 because if u go with 45 it well touch a little. Because i got 40s and it feel perfect and look phat.})

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I could go with the 40, but i'm worried the rim's are gonna get damaged quick, incase there's some unexpected bumps etc.

What about 205/45/17 or 215/45/16

?

Cheers People, but I still need to know which tyre's are best suiited for the above specs.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just put 205/40/R17s on my 6. I bought yokohama Avid 4s. I am very impressed, the handling is great, they grip like mad around the corners and wet road are not problem at all! You should look into these I think they have a special on right now!

·
Registered
242 Posts
It looks great, but I am definetly going to lower it soon with some GC coilovers. I am going to get some pics of it, before it is lowered, develloped and scanned soon, then if I can figure out how to post them I will.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tire's must make a lot of noise, if they are 40's, gotta be careful of the bumps. How much can you lower the car by, taking into consideration that you now have 17's, you can't really do much.

I really wanted to get 45's, but not sure if it will work!

·
Registered
242 Posts
They are suprisingly very quiet. But your right I have to look out for bumps, but if you love your 6 you should be looking out for bumps anyway! There is still quite a bit of room to lower it, I am thinking 2 inches would make it look sweet!:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts