Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at either Konig Tantrum's or Konig Verdict or the Katana Concept 7. Anyone have any opinion, and what tires would you recommend.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have Konig Tantrums on my MX-6. They look cool, any 17" 7 spoke looks good, especially if you want your car to look slick and sporty but not overdressed. I especially recommend silver paint instead of chrome. Also the original center cap for Tantrum's are bronze colored "knobs". I was lucky enough to get plain, flat silver center caps that say "Konig" in black lettering. I think they make the rim look cleaner and flatter on your car. If your car is lowered, then you should be set (I used H&R springs to lower about 1 1/2").

As far as tires go, I originally had Yokohama AVS Intermediates....very sticky on dry pavement, they are okay when it's wet but be careful. Right now, for every day driving, I use 215/45/17's in an H rated tire (Road Hugger Rage) They have an aggressive looking tire pattern but still economical when you look at prices for 17" tires. I might go with Yokohama Paradas next time.

·
Registered
763 Posts
7-spokes

I have 7 -spoke rims too.. very similar to the Tantrums, but by TSW... the evo's ... The rim styles are the exact same

and I have 215/45/17 Bridgestone potenzas

peace

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got some 17" Konig Rated-R's for $85 at discount tire. Im going to get some yokohamas put on when i get more money!

·
Registered
763 Posts
no frikkin way $85 bucks for a 17" rim?? Konigs too?? AHHH why dont I find deals like thisa rghhhhhh

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
XR, I would reccomend the Kumho Ecsta Supra's

Good grip,treadwear, and water treads

Their footprints are like those falken tire ones, good price foor a good new upcoming brand.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
17 rims

I finally decided on my rims. I order 17*7 Katana Concept 7. Extremely similar to the Konig Tantrums. I have Toyo 215, 45 tires for them. Should I lower the car? What would you recommend to do that? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts