Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Are you trying to sell this to us :lol:

Have you used that company. Its a lot of money to just throw at a kit instead of gathering it.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
ya racing mazda will build up a engine for you, you just have to be rich lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
ha ha ha, you can get the exact "kit" on ebay for 600 less. there is still, and never will be a full turbo kit for our cars, and racing mazda has a decent 4cyl kit but you will never find a good turbo kit for the v6.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
We consider a "turbo kit" to be an all inclusive product that has been deeply researched, dyno tested, and uses name brand products. There are NO kits that fit those criteria.

There are turbo kits for civics and other cars that are of good quality and are made by good companies but not for the mx6.

If Greddy made a turbo kit for us I would consider that a turbo kit. Ebay crap doesn't really count.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been looking into putting a turbo in my 93 MX6 KLZE and wondering if i should go to a speedshop to put a kit together or get this one? There is not a whole lot of information on this kit (eg. how much PSI or H.P.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We consider a "turbo kit" to be an all inclusive product that has been deeply researched, dyno tested, and uses name brand products. There are NO kits that fit those criteria.

There are turbo kits for civics and other cars that are of good quality and are made by good companies but not for the mx6.

If Greddy made a turbo kit for us I would consider that a turbo kit. Ebay crap doesn't really count.
yea i no what you mean but i think it would be a good start for some one tryin to got F/I

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Buy turbo pipes from ebay. $300ish now?
Get a genuine turbo 2nd hand. - $300+ , $800 brand new
Brand new tial wastegate. - $200?
New brand name bov, whatever sound you like. $200
Sort out your fuel - $300-$600 depending on how good of a job you need.
Sort out ECU/control - $180 for FMU or $400 or MegaSquirt, up too $3000 for big name ECU
Ebay intercooler - $100
Pay someone to do the welding(crossmember, any exhaust stuff) + intercooler pipes - $1000ish+

A profesional boost job that will last as long as your engine will. There is your kit that will actually last. For what, like $2500??

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
You need to add 25% to those prices for people like me who try to cheap it the first time around and end up having to buy everything 2 times :lol:

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
You need to add 25% to those prices for people like me who try to cheap it the first time around and end up having to buy everything 2 times :lol:
Oh dont get me wrong im in the same boat. That is what I would do right up If I could go back in time 2 years and do it again :).

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Yep, I coulda saved 2500 if not more on my setup if I bought all the right parts, and did everything all at once.

I paid 1300 for the pipes install and X member modification. Then I paid another 700 to have to have the motor swapped in at a later date. Only issue with doing everything at once, is then if you have problems you dont know where to start troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting is also much easier when your top end parts have warranties. It gives you a little more faith that the problem lies elsewhere. :lol:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Buy turbo pipes from ebay. $300ish now? I got mine for $225 shipped :)

Get a genuine turbo 2nd hand. - $300+ , $800 brand new $35 for my T3. 58 A/R on the hot side comp side idk. If it turns out to be too small oh well.

Brand new tial wastegate. - $200? Thinking of using modified stock WG but that would mean fabbing a new down pipe. If not I'd rather not skimp here and see my car over boost if a cheap piece stuck shut on me.

New brand name bov, whatever sound you like. $200 Again, using stock Bosch unit :) It came free with the $35 turbo. No hissing and wheazing for me thanks.

Sort out your fuel - $300-$600 depending on how good of a job you need. I have theories to test out. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Sort out ECU/control - $180 for FMU or $400 or MegaSquirt, up too $3000 for big name ECU
Kinda goes with above right? I want to steer clear of FMU's and MS invites a lot more trouble shooting.

Ebay intercooler - $100

No IC for me :)

Pay someone to do the welding(crossmember, any exhaust stuff) + intercooler pipes - $1000ish+

Hopefully getting a King6fab turbo X member. other than that I dont see any thing that needs to be welded. Besides a cheap hobby welder is the best route in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
My shortened parts list lines up more with what turk had presented.

Turbo pipes - 550
New Turbonetics with warranty - 750
Tial Replica Wastegate - 130
HKS SSQV BOV - 225
Injectors, modified fuel rails, Dual Feed FPR - 800 all together
MS with all the goodies - 600
Ebay Intercooler - 225
Intercooler pipes (stainless, polished, and tig'd) - 1300
X member welding - 250

·
Registered
54 Posts
Buy turbo pipes from ebay. $300ish now?
Get a genuine turbo 2nd hand. - $300+ , $800 brand new
Brand new tial wastegate. - $200?
New brand name bov, whatever sound you like. $200
Sort out your fuel - $300-$600 depending on how good of a job you need.
Ebay intercooler - $100

A profesional boost job that will last as long as your engine will. There is your kit that will actually last. For what, like $2500??
Yea... I have seen kits on eBay though- not complete turbo kits, but with a majority that have piping that doesn't require cutting, etc.

I know when I did the turbo on my tC, I just had an exhust shop bend and create a piping kit for like $300.

What do you guys think of this link?
eBay Motors: 93-97 Probe GT V6 Mazda MX6 Turbo kit+ intercooler +BOV (item 350189951264 end time Apr-19-09 19:57:22 PDT)

I think that piping might actually do the trick. Don't pay an exhaust shop 1k to do that shit.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Wow you are the first person to link that!!!

No not really. LIKE me and everyone else was saying. Those pipes are exactly right, they fit and almost everyone uses them. Go for gold. You can buy those pipes buy themselves. The rest of the shit is a waste of money and you will just be throwing it out and changing it as it is cheap knock off shit. You still need intercooler pipes, that is what you need a fabricator to do unless you can weld and good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Turk,

Haha sorry... im a bit new so I wasn't sure if anyone had seen that.

I have mine up for sale right now... but if it doesnt sell ill probably invest in a turbo. I just need to learn of the internal capabilities, etc.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Thats alright mate, as a member who has been here for a while, it is my duty to give shit :). But yer, every new person to forced induction says "Are these ebay kits anygood?" and it gets tireing after a while.

Learn about your own capabilities before deciding to boost. If you are thinking of selling anytime within the next 3-5 years, probably not a good idea. it is only worth it if you get your effort and money back out in enjoyment, and even then, only mildly so.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts