Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18" Konig Monsoons arrive Monday, in 2 days..... with Nitto Extreme 555 235/40-18s already mounted. I want to know if these will in any way rub or whether I should trade the tires for 225/40-18's..... I can have it either way free of cost..... the 225's are used tho..... 2 Continental porsche tires and 2 goodyear crappers for the rear...... Let me know on the size and what opinions on NItto tires you have...... THANKS

Mike

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm already running 225/40R18 on my MX6 without rubbing. This is the biggest I could put on it mainly becuase of the 4WS. Any bigger and it will rub when the wheel turns left and right.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean it will rub in the rear or the front?? Because if it would only rub in the rear then Im good to go..... dont have 4WS :(........ ha ha. So which you talkin about?

Mike

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The front is OK. The rear isn't good for 4WS

·
Registered
357 Posts
stock tyres are 205/55/15

the 235 shouldn't rub that much... just watch your turns. the width of the tyre and rim is the main problem, not the diameter. 19" will fit... but they have to be skinny. i have 18"x7" with 215/35/18 and they are great... mainly because they are skinny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts