Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently using 17x7" wheels with 215/35 tyres on my MX6 and wanting to upgrade to 18x7.5 with 215/35 or 225/35 tyres.
Will these large wheels affect the 4WS and cause any damge before I buy them? Is anyone running 18"s on there MX6?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Silver said:
I'm currently using 17x7" wheels with 215/35 tyres on my MX6 and wanting to upgrade to 18x7.5 with 215/35 or 225/35 tyres.
Will these large wheels affect the 4WS and cause any damge before I buy them? Is anyone running 18"s on there MX6?
From what ive heard and understand you are able to put 18x7.5 on with either of those tyre sizes.

What type of 17" wheels you got on at the moment??

E

·
0 Posts
Peter,

Don't forgot that when you go with wider wheels you get higher levels of road-holding but your MX-6 will also become less nimble (eg, for fast lane changing), which is one of the great features of the car's good handling. I currently have 16" wheels with 225/45 rubber and find it a very good combination - I think that I'll leave the 18"ers to big beefy HSV's! What are the 17" wheels like?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is there 17" I got.

E

·
0 Posts
Nice set - how did they affect the handling of the car versus the stock 15" ?

A

·
0 Posts
i don't know how you guys find it on the second gen - but on the first gen mx6 the larger wider wheels went a very long way to eliminate/lessen torque steer...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it the same but alot bumpier. Guess theres not enought rubber there to take the impact.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hey Peter, what you planning on doing with your current 17" wheels??

If your selling them how much you want for those babies with the rubber??

·
Registered
233 Posts
AusMX6 said:
i don't know how you guys find it on the second gen - but on the first gen mx6 the larger wider wheels went a very long way to eliminate/lessen torque steer...
Yeah. I'd be interested in those 17" too.

How much did you lower the car by Silver?

I've gone 26mm on the 4WS but have been told thats it.

4wsb

PS Are you going to National Rally in Canberra.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:

I got my new 18x7.5" BSA wheels today with 225/45 Falken tyres. Looks great. I don't have the 17" because I traded them in to the place I always go to. Usally I go back once a year to get a new set of rims and tyres and pay around $1000 to $1500 depending on what I choose.

I havn't lowered my car as yet since I only got it 2 weeks ago. I am planning to lower the car around 1" soon.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Silver. Tthose wheels look great.

1) Where do you do the wheel trade, I'm in the market to go from 16" Antera's to probably Momo "sport" 17" I have near new Falken GRB's on em.

2)Are you going to Canberra?

3)I went 26mm on King Springs - No prob. that was in Brookvale - Dr Shocks - good service and they tint glass.

4)Where are you in Sydney?

5) Have you looked at Aus car talk or Auspoc for Aussie MX6's and Probes.

Hope you pass the exam in answering this lot !!

4wsb (Steve)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4WSboy said:
Silver. Tthose wheels look great.

1) Where do you do the wheel trade, I'm in the market to go from 16" Antera's to probably Momo "sport" 17" I have near new Falken GRB's on em.

I go to AGR Tyres at Sefton. (There in the Hot 4s Mag)

2)Are you going to Canberra?

Maybe

3)I went 26mm on King Springs - No prob. that was in Brookvale - Dr Shocks - good service and they tint glass.

I'm thinking of gettinh Koni Adjustables and goinf 1" lower

4)Where are you in Sydney?

All I can tell you is south of Sydney

5) Have you looked at Aus car talk or Auspoc for Aussie MX6's and Probes.

No not really

Hope you pass the exam in answe
ring this lot !!

4wsb (Steve)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks Peter.

I'll try that AGR shop - Ta.

"Somewhere south of Sydney" - Don't worry I wasn't gonna stalk you or anything.

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts