Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does the

speedo on the mx6 from japan say 180mph on it ?

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
without even seeing the picture, i'm going to make an educated guess that the speedo that you're looking at measures speed in km/h, not mph.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Trent said:
without even seeing the picture, i'm going to make an educated guess that the speedo that you're looking at measures speed in km/h, not mph.
correct.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The speedo would be in the 200's if it were in kmh not the 100's.

·
Registered
947 Posts
240 i think, i can't remember for some reason, i will have to look at my car lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
this is what u mean
my car was 180 KM/h, ppl that imported it changed it to miles! so now its 180 MPH!!

Reactions: MX6_VTECH

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
i like the taped on mph man! that's crazy looking how they changed it to mph, nice job on answering a question that none of us could fully understand!

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
omfg.

lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
hahah
1st i couldnt beleive that its actually working 4 mph not kmh!! i could see the mph sticker hehe but it does work1! and its removed my limiter too!!! i really wanna know how they did it!!!
but its cool to have a speedo that reads 180 MPH haha

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
rasheedn said:
hahah
1st i couldnt beleive that its actually working 4 mph not kmh!! i could see the mph sticker hehe but it does work1! and its removed my limiter too!!! i really wanna know how they did it!!!
but its hella cool to have a speedo that reads 180 MPH haha
perhaps, but in many ways its like the guys who have stock engines with a perfectly fine working tacho, then they go put a 10k rpm tacho, when their engine would explode well before then

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
i agree, i honestly don't see the point of huge tachs when your car has a tach built SPECIFICALLY for YOUR CAR. they always say they want a shift light, but you can easily get just a light and hook it to the stocker!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
yes, if i actually put it! this is how i got my car! they just change it from reading kmh to miles without changing the actual tacho!

91turbo666 said:
perhaps, but in many ways its like the guys who have stock engines with a perfectly fine working tacho, then they go put a 10k rpm tacho, when their engine would explode well before then

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
DailyDriver said:
...mmm i guess i'll be the one to say it first. the reason why SOME of the people that buy different tachs is because the stock one isn't accurate at all. it can actually be off by 600 rpms when you get above 5k
yeh i guess in a lot of cars that is fair, im just pointing out the obviously riced examples

1 - 19 of 19 Posts