Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 86 crx, just curious as to what all of you might think that it could sell for on ebay or something, dont worry its for a good cause, i want a 6 and maybe just maybe i can get 1. the car has umteen million miles on it i just replaced the radiator the water pump the thermostat the seats and the carpet.
any suggestions on what it might go for?

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
you really need to know the condition of the car inside and out, the mileage, is it a 5sp or auto, what is new on it, what needs to be replaced, and how the thing drives and rides. then people can tell you how much it could possibly go for.

·
Registered
326 Posts
kbb . com says that car, in excellent condition, in your zip code with every available option is worth $1390.

So, if it's not in excellent physical condition inside & out, if you don't have leather, power windows / locks, excellent stereo & wheels and have more than 150,000 miles, you can probably take that down considerably under $1000.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
you can't go by the blue book value of CRX's. ppl pay bucks for these damn things!!!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
FUjii13 said:
you can't go by the blue book value of CRX's. ppl pay bucks for these damn things!!!
not with.........
.....umteen million miles on it.....

Unless your some kinda rich kid that is going to over haul the car and do a motor and tranny swap.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i'll be more specific, the body has 230000 on it and i just found out that the guy before put a newer engine in it that has approx. 50 thou on it there are only 2 very small rust spots on the outter a-pillar, the interior is ecellent the extior just needs a good wash, i just hope that i can find 1 of those kids that will pay good money for it and wants to overhaul it

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
JoKeR6 said:
not with.........

Unless your some kinda rich kid that is going to over haul the car and do a motor and tranny swap.
no one who buys a crx is buying it to keep it stock :tup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
86 is the older, boxy style. Not as saught after as the 88-91 model.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Brandon002 said:
86 is the older, boxy style. Not as saught after as the 88-91 model.
depends on who you're talking to. any ricer will pick up the 2G crx for it's JDM swapabilities, aftermarket garbage and ease of 5 lug conversion abilities. any one out there who actually wants something to build up as a track car is going to go with the much lighter 1G.

long time member:
http://www.redpepperracing.com/

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
my step dads friend bought one for 2gs and it has 200k+ miles on it, and hes keeping it ALL stock, lol. I get what your saying though:tup:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys for all the imput. i really appreciate it.:D
i think im gonna put it up on ebay or try selling it locally. then i can hopfully get a better car! and it sure wont be a honda again. they are worse then fords, aka my mustang.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts