Feeling a bit motivated again on the Probe. Dug out all the brackets and steering pump assy. Going to get these all cleaned and restored. After that I’ll install the clutch, trans, brackets and get the engine all ready to drop in the car..
Hey man, cool work you are doing. Regarding the spoiler, I had the same issue trying to find the plugs. A buddy of mine 3d printed them since they are pretty much just for alining, I then glued the spoiler back really well. I can share the 3d print files if you want!
I'm traveling to the US in a few weeks and wanted to pick up some stuff for my Probe, since they don't have a lot in the Netherlands. I'm looking for a TPS sensor, Temp sensor and new hatch struts.
Is there anyone in the US (around Nashville) who knows which store sells these parts?
I just checked because I remember ordering some clips for the trunk and fender liners, and I think some of them were also suitable for the spoiler. I got them from the aliexpress: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005...t_main.68.78a279d2GNlimZ&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld . Not sure but I think the white ones will match for the spoiler. The CAD files are on my computer back home at my parents house (I'm a student), but will check in a few weeks.
The shifter feels crisper but still a little sloppy after installing these bushings. I tried making my own (nylon) on the lathe to make it more firm. However, after installing them the car would jump out of gear while driving so I guess the little bit of sloppyness is supposed to be for the tilting of the engine when accelerating....
I guess it would be fun to show what I've been up to with my probeject. Its the same 1988/1989 as yours.
I refreshed all of the suspension bushings, painted the control arms etc. Especially the sway bar bushings were totally shot after 110k miles. The rear discs were a little of a struggle to change out because there is a bearing pressed in, and I don't have a 10 ton press at home. So I did what every engineering student would and did a little DIY. I do have acces to a lathe at university so that helped me out with creating some proper press in tools.
I painted and cleaned up the calipers as well, replaced all seals and dust boots. Of course new rotors and pads. All of the inner fenders were removed, cleaned and painted since these had some overspray from when the car was re-painted.
Last but not least, I ordered coilovers from CEIKA to be able to adjust the suspension a little to my likings. The coilovers look good and will go on in a few weeks, sadly I wasn't able to order new oem adjustable shocks. This would have been my other option, but I think the coilovers will do just fine!
I also discovered a little rust hole just in front of the rear wheel (right and left), on the inside of the "door seal" thing. I would recommend checking since I wouldn't think mine rusted anywhere (been in a garage its whole life).
I got the rust spot cleaned and prepped, will be fixed in a few weeks as well.
A forum community dedicated to Mazda MX-6 owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about restorations, performance, upgrades, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!