Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 1989 MX6 Turbo that he is thinking of selling later this fall. We have looked all over to try to get a reliable estimation of value so it can be priced fairly.
He has owned it for 11 years and is second owner. Overall, the car is in very good condition. It has 165,000 miles. It is an automatic. Original paint (starting to show age), no accidents, interior is original (except the headliner and visors have been redone) and in very good condition.
Original adjustable factory struts were replaced with KYB Excel G struts. It has an aftermarket exhaust, I believe Pacesetter.
It does need a new antenna mast. The digits in the radio don't light up, but the radio is fully functional. The sunroof does work, but apparently has sand/dirt build up in the tracks as it needs a bit of help. I won't tackle that especially with a new headliner.
The attached photos are from a couple years ago after a full detail (Interior photos taken today).

So, I am asking for constructive input as to what a realistic value would be. Thanks in advance.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light
Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Fixture Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Don't try to figure out it's value based on a used car, base the value on how few are in good shape and how few can be found.
Start at 5000$ and hope to find the right buyer, lower the price if you don't.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Damn nice looking MX6 GT! The auto transmission is considered a bit of an albatross on these cars, even in prefect working condition. With saying that, the used car market is crazy now so pick a price you feel comfortable with and go from there...it could sell at a price you never expected it to. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts