Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got a used disty on ebay and i was just wondering if anyone with experience couold let me know how easy it is and if there are any tricks, well thanks guys

·
Registered
819 Posts
Just make sure that the rotor button is pointing the same direction on the new one and that will keep your shaft aligned right. Remember that the shaft and cam are slotted and it should go right in.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The disty will only go on one way. the shaft is slotted as well as the slot being offset.

Try to use new o-ring if possible....

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
The disty will only go on one way. the shaft is slotted as well as the slot being offset.

Try to use new o-ring if possible....
I'm a contradiction to that popular belief system :lol: I've put mine in wrong before, it's awesome

·
Registered
499 Posts
Zach, are we talking about the distributor or rotor...? I think I may have put the rotor on backwards once, maybe. Can't remember though... might be denial!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had my car at the mazda dealer once for service and they did'nt tighten down the bolts on the distributor and it almost popped out of its mounting place and for sure I've put the damn rotor in wrong many times.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I thought the alignment of the Disty shaft was one way only with the slot in the cam offset. My bad.

As for the rotor, ya I forget and go too fast too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i got the disty on there in like fifteen minutes and hello higher rpm's thanks guys, good lookin out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts