Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mod Advice and Information on the Engine specs for a 1991 MX-6 LX

I was just wondering if anyone can give me the engine specs of the 12 valve 2.2 that the LX has I can find the horse power for the GT's all over the place but I havent seen it for a non turbo engine yet. Also I would like to know of some helpful mods. I just got the car and it only has like 72k miles on it. It needs a new muffler so I am going to put a performance one on and get an K&N for it but other than that I would like to get some ideas. I dont know much about these cars yet. Just trying to learn. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
110 hp. 130 lb.-ft. of torque and I've also heard that those are low numbers just so that insurence will be lower. The Turbos actual hp. I guess is actually 165 hp. over the 140 hp. that was stated so maybe 120-130 hp.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What? You mean they would lie about the HP specs to people just so insurance would be cheaper? I think not Gomer... where did you get that info? The 88-92 MX6 GT, Turbo actually has 145 HP, 190 lb torque, not 165, the 2nd gen MX6 has 164 HP, 160 lb torque. I had a 90 MX6 GT before my current 96 MX6 and that was fun to drive, pretty powerful turbo and very good torque...

LaTeR...

:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts