Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought this car for 3k its done 300K and now the intercooling is blowing air out the front of it plzzzz help me

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi and welcome ..

do you mean the intercooler (air radiator) has air blowing out of it ? .. if so, you will have to remove it and find the leak, have it repaired or replaced. Or check all the air hoses are connected ok and not split.

i also assume the car will not boost when driving it .. if that is the case, then you deffinately have a split/disconnected hose or split intercooler.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its coming from the intercooler and it has a slight boost in 1st and cuts out when going up hills i think its a fuel cut out coz my friend said it sprays black smoke out the exhaust

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
well if you are blowing air out of the intercooler, it has a split.

What psi are you holding when boosting ? i assume its a lot less than std with a split intercooler.

Feel free to drop into the Aus regional section and say hi in there.. you may even find someone close with a replacement .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
currently dont have a boost gauge but u have the boost controller turned all the way down and the car is hardly holding isle but i stil love it just being a pain atm hard doing the city driving

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its also bak firing or wateva when i throttle hard which is hardly ever and b4 the cooler split it used to over boost heaps often i kno i kno it coz its old but iu want this to be a project car so im fixing it up

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
well the Overboost probably caused the split, you need to check the piping for the wastegate actuator and that the wastegate is not stuck. Read up in the 1st gen section for turbo information. Also i'm sure the guys in the Aus section will be happy to help you out.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Grab yourself a manual for the 1st gen. Read up on turbo'd engines and how they work. Get a good understanding, and the rest will follow.

Also have a search for 'overboost' or 'wastegate' in the 1st gen forced induction section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts