Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 auto trans, 4 cylinder 2.4 engine non turbo
good running engine. thus even after not being run for years, "but still makes for good motor vehicle." but putting in the battery and cleaning the terminal connections. A set back with have minor issue . That issue I have is with this one cable with plenty of arc to . hears the info so leading with the normal battery cables this cable in question that is leading up with other battery cables being the positive and negative cables. question is now have a third wire of questionable connection prefrences this cable travels right down bottom of motor that connects to ground on side of the transmission color of this cable is that thick black with a yellow stripe. so i have another motor that is sitting on the ground in my garage motor is of same model automobile. only a five speed sitting in the garage this motor has the same cable on it.what is this and why does it need to be there and more whats it for.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its good to ground your vehicle in multiple locations, the engine block itself has ground wires on it as well as the frame, transmission, etc. When you use the chassis as part of the circuit then dedicating ground wires to specific points in the vehicle gaurentees electrical reliability. Atleast what comes to mind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts