Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1992 mx6 central locking remote issues

I have a 1992 mx6 lx i think..It has the standard finish line vehicle alrm system, and the central locking also being controlled by the alarm remote..

I got the car 3 weeks ago, upon pressing one of the remotes buttons, the alarm would disarm and the central locking would unlock..

Now all i get is the alarm disarming BUT the central locking does NOT work, what do i do ???

How do i get the entral locking remote to trigger the locking..

i heard you had to re-align the system, but is that only for the alarm..

Is it something that only a dealer can do, ie do something with the ecu ???

i would like to lock my car with the remote as the keys are starting to split with the effort of having to turn the lock barrel

Hope someonr can help

thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I work for SPAL (www.spalusa.com) and if your system works like ours it could be one of multiple possibilities:

1-the lock acutators in the doors should be a 5-wire system. Two wires are reverse polarity and they carry power and ground that allow the actuator to move. Two carry ground signals that tell the main control unit when the acutators are locked or unlocked. The last provides ground for the previous mentioned wires.
If the actuators are not propperly aligned, the negative "I'm at full lock" signal will not be sent from one of the actuators. This normally causes the actuators to bounce (so if you lock the doors, they lock then unlock)
If this is the case, adjust the actuators.

2-the control unit (which has two relays and a timing IC) is bad. If you can locate this unit, it should "click" a relay when you lock and unlock. You can use a test light or multi meter to test the output to verfy it's working correctly.

3-The alarm system is no longer providing a signal to the central door locking unit. Our system uses a small M5 unit to control the central door locking system. It can stand alone, or accept a signal from an alarm to trigger lock/unlock.
The alarm will almost always provide a ground signal to the central door locking system. If you locate the central door locking system, you can use a jumper wire to supply ground and "trick" it into locking and unlocking

As you can see, you need to determine which system is screwed up. You can then trouble shoot from there.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Their is no power locking mechanism on the driver's door.
Only on the passenger.
you would need to install one in the drivers side to have the function work.

Or so Ive heard.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I just read this thread a couple of times and realized that you live in the UK and have a 92 Mazda MX-6.

If this is the case ... then your car is a second generation ... not first.

First Generation: 88-92 (US and Canada) 87-91 (Europe and the car was called 626 coupe not MX-6)
Second Gen: 93+ (US and Canada) 92+ (europe)

Please confirm that your car is a second Generation (Car on the right on the MX6.com page) so we can move your thread.

Edit: Actually I see in your profile that your car has a V6 then it is a second Gen.

Peace
NSXR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts