Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I have the chance to buy a BOSAL header for my 1997 MX6 I4. But the problem is, 96-97 are OBD2, with the Bosal header fit 100% only needing another O2 bung? Or will it need a lot of modification? Any help is truely appreciated :) Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yea, the o2 bung is the only thing you really need to do. But I have heard rumors from PT that some people have driven with the second o2 off and all it did was just have the Engine light on, but done take my word for it...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the X said:
i would tell you but again i don't really know:E
Have any pics of it , it may help me :)

If anyone else knows the answer pleas ehelp..lol.

And I DONT want the engine light on..lol Its very damn annoying.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would but i dont own it yet, and I dont want to buy it if I cant us eit, it would be a waste for me and the seller. I will definately buy it, I just want to be 100% sure I can use it on my car :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, well if it doesnt fit for some reason i will just resell it or something, i dunno. Thanks for help peoples

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey man i put on bosal headers 2 weeks ago on my i4 it has all the sensor bungs you need! but you'll need to add 6 inches of pipe so it will reach the cat. very easy installation!! get the extra pipe welded on though so there is less chance of any leaks its like 10 dollars at any muffler shop. im in iraq right this second so no i dont have any pictures at the moment. sorry

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS. I AM GONNA BUY IT NOW :) LET YA KNOW HOW IT GOES

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
:sigh::sigh::sigh:

the POST CAT O2 IS BEHIND THE FREAKIN CAT!!!! ITS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HEADER!!!!

the OBDII header is shorter to position the cat closer to the engine for shorter light-off time per OBDII requirements.

so keep your O2 screwed in where its at, get the length put in between the header and cat and GO!:tup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for your help stage36. I will have it on in a week or 2 :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
i was just wondering. why does the 96-97 mx6's need 6 inches more added on to the exhaust? are the 93-95's exhaust longer or what? i don't get it. the cars are just as long. what if i bought 93-95 headers and downpipe and put it on a 96-97 and than bought aftermarket exhaust would it bolt up just perfect or still need 6 inches added on? always wondered about that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts