Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fogs do not work. High and Low Headlights work BUT no High-Beam Indicator on Dash Counsel. All instrument bulbs replaced. Fog Switch replaced. All fuses good. Anyone have a guess where the problem might be? Is there a Fog relay somewhere?

·
Registered
1992, Mazda MX-6 2.5L V6
76 Posts
Sorry, I haven't got my car at the moment to check
Fogs do not work. High and Low Headlights work BUT no High-Beam Indicator on Dash Counsel. All instrument bulbs replaced. Fog Switch replaced. All fuses good. Anyone have a guess where the problem might be? Is there a Fog relay somewhere?
That's an odd one... All I can think if is a grounding issue or maybe even a short somewhere.

·
Registered
22 Posts
TMT,
I got this info from a separate thread. Might be worth a look if you're still having problems.

"There is a fog light relay under the hood, and maybe even a fuse in the left hand kick panel. Good luck."

·
Registered
193 Posts
Are you saying both fog lights do not come on.....and the high beam light does not come on, on the dash ? It sounds like you have been messing with the dash....did you take that apart ? Did the fog lights come on and high beam light come on before this ? If so, it sounds like you have faults in the dash wiring. It is very easy to get those wires accidentally touch each other.
Take it apart again, move the wires a little, and see if that solves it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I did have the dash apart (COMPLETELY APART) and I replaced 28 bulbs ... BUT that was to find out why the lights did not work. I have it ALL working now EXCEPT for the operation of the HIGH Beam indicator (little blue light) ... so, at this point it all works well BUT there is no 'little-blue-light' showing that 'high-beams' are on. The operation of the high-beams correctly turns the fogs off ... so maybe I'll just pretend that I see the 'little-blue-light'?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts