Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 93 MX6 with the 2.5L, I have all the parts to do the timing belt, alternator belt, water pump, etc. My buddy was supposed to do it for me last year but ended up getting super busy and won't be able to do it for a while, so I was thinking about doing it myself. I've never done one of these before so I was just curious how big of a PITA it is? The serpentine belt snapped on me last August so the car has been sitting idle for a year and a half and I'd like to get her up and running again. I know one of, if not the biggest thing is making sure that the cams are locked in place so I don't kill the motor, which my buddy has the tools to do that. Aside from that I'm just wondering if this is something a relatively novice mechanic can do if he has the guide to follow on doing it.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello, do you have the workshop manual? If do, you only have to follow the steps. The hardest part is the small space that are. But isn't the hardest one timing belt. And you done needed a special tool, just point the marks and be careful. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts