Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
If I could find out where and what a safing sensor is or was, I would fix it, but I have tried to find it and have come ip with nothing, I am hoping someone on here l ows what it is by chance.Thank You. BTW The company that told me to send my air bag module in, emailed me to say they do not work on my year of module.Go figure!
so all I did was call a mazda dealer and for a 93Ls they said there is 3 sensors up front, one on each side and one in the middle all 3 have different part numbers, those sensors set off the air bag in a crash

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am not sure if the air bag light will go off if you fix the issue causing the warning light. It would seem so, rather than having to take out and get the whole module box purged anytime a warning light has come on, but maybe not. From what I read the safing sensor is part of the air bag module.box.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The safing sensor is different than the crash sensors. You can easily see the one up front by removing the black plastic. It is right next to the hood latch. Blue and orange wires indicate it is part of the air bag system.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts