Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will prob buy a neat example of one of these, a 94 model.
how strong are these motors, and the auto trans?
it has 115ks on it,
also what year did climate controll come in?
this car doesnt have abs, 4ws, sunroof, cd or climate.
is it only the v6s that had these options?

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
only the 2g telstars had the 4WS in the 626 family, the mazda 4drs didnt have it. At least not here.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wasn't it only the 2nd gen, Series 2 (95-on) 4WS MX-6 that got the electronic climate in Aus. All 626 V6, 4WS TX5 ghia etc got the slider ones(maybe still electric)?

4WS and option only in the TX5 Ghia hatch

I think sunroof's and ABS in the V6's (both Telstar and 626) and CD an option???

Not 100% but thats my take on it

James :)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Well for the motor it's good from what I can tell, A hell of a lot easier to work on and service, well noted for that by merchanics. I know doing the Cam cover gaskets is very easy.

The auto Box well it's better the earlier one's Not only does it use a better oil pump that pumps more oil even at idel. So it does work more efficently. but still does suffer the typical lock-up cltuch syndrome. Watch for burn oil, slight trace of black when wiped on dip-stick is normal but we are talking not noitcable on your finger only on white peice of cloth. Make sure it's pinky red not dark red.
Mazda only recommend about 40,000K's but do do them at 30,000k's is more comon. 20,000K's is best once a year every year.

I think you will find a few with ABS SUNROOF ETC.
but your looking for a top of frange 4 which is hard to find. As most went to a mid-range V6 for the price. I have seen them but. I think it's SLX or SDX not too sure.
Someone might have optioned up the 4cyl with CD -Climate but not many floating around.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks rod, im thinking it will be safer on my licence with the 4 cyl
626 than the v6 tx5
i know four bangers and can fix them myself, not the same story with that v6 crammed into a tiny engine bay!

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Well most merchanics think V6 labour and pain in the rear labour.
With the 4cyl they think him another 4 easy do 1 hour laobur charge even if it is 2 hours work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts