Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any issues with wipers blinkers and windows working randomly? They work off and on. Is there something that connects them together?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ignition switch. When they are not working try wiggling your key. Not to the point of re-engerzing your starter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ignition switch. When they are not working try wiggling your key. Not to the point of re-engerzing your starter.
Tried several times today. The blinkers started working the other day but can’t get the wipers. Thinking I might have to change the multifunction switch😳

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Start by checking the wire harness grounds, they are bolted to the cars body, corrosion, rust, loose connections... can all cause intermittent function or failure of accessories.

To check the accessories at the key you can remove the cover behind the steering wheel and check for 12volts at the accessories output on the back side of the ignition switch (with the key in on position).
If you can find the 2ng gen wire harness diagram you can test the accessory wire under the driver kick plate at the column.

With the harness diagram you can also check the wiper switch and window controls, test for continuity at the harness connection's when operating the switches with a multimeter and check for 12v+ and ground supply going to the switches.

Then check the wiper motor and transmission.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't know what year we are talking about, but my 93LS was subject to recall due to ignition switch, took it to the dealer just last year and they replaced it for free, yes after all these years, I think several year models are covered for this

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 93LS also, and just got my 4th notice of this recall. I plan to take it in next spring. Supposedly the grease inside the switch is old and begins to harden-up and can cause an electrical/fire hazard. Sure would be a bummer for the car to burn down the garage this winter while in storage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts