Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 2.5L 5 speed and I have a big problem with it. When I push on the gas it only goes up to 2000-2100 rpms. The car runs but really slow.When it reaches 2000 rpms it goes down to like 1200 rpms or less and it keeps doing that. I checked the fuel pump and it is good. I replaced the fuel filter but I still have the same problem. One time when I was pushing on the gas it went up to 3000rpms but it only happened one time. Any Ideas what the problem is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I turn the car on it is not throwing any codes. The engine light is off but it turns on for a sec when it reaches 2000 rpms. And when it goes down it turns off. It won't turn on If i accelerate to 1500 rpms or 1900rpms. Only at 2000rpms.

When I bought the car it didn't start at all. The guy that sold it to me said it had some electrical problem and the had been sitting for like a year. The motor was stuck that's why it didn't start (There was no ignition sound). So I pulled the car with a truck. Each time my father pushed the clutch it was like if he was pressing the brake. We did it a couple of times, we went faster last time and it started for 2 secs..We knew that the motor wasn't stuck anymore since it started. we tried again and same thing happened it turned off immediately.

The problem was that the gas was too old, like a year old. It had 1 quarter of gas in the tank. We put new gas on it like 2 gallons, but we did NOT took out the old gas from the car.

We pulled the car again and this time it started and it stayed on!!
My father had to keep pushing on the gas for it to stay on. Here is the interesting part. My father accelerated the car to like 6000 RPMS so it was working in that moment. He kept accelerating because the car would have turned off if he didn't. That's why he was pushing on it for like 3 minutes. Then he stopped and the car stayed on.

After that the car only accelerate to 2000rpms

Does anyone know what can I do to fix it????

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Even though the light isn't on, you should check if there are any stored codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts