Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I have a 1995 MX6 2.5L, I just bought it and it has no spark.

I sent the distributor in for testing and its working just fine. It has a new motor in which might be part of the problem.
I have gone through plenty of posts but cant really find anything to help me with my problem.
Where do I start to check sensors and wires to systematically work through all of them until I find the problem.
Thank you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
One simple thing you can do is check for current in the wires leading up to the distributor. You can use a basic light to light up if there is current. Then you will know the problem is past that point.

·
Registered
1992, Mazda MX-6 2.5L V6
89 Posts
Have you tried using a spark plug tester to see if all your plugs are okay and producing a spark. with that said even if you get negative it may also be the lead itself but at least you'd have an idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One simple thing you can do is check for current in the wires leading up to the distributor. You can use a basic light to light up if there is current. Then you will know the problem is past that point.
Hi Mate, I have tested the 12v wires (one in 3 pin and one in the 6 pin), they are fine and working when the ignition is on.
I am definitely missing something small here, Do you know if the trigger wire should be tested for voltage or if its a ground wire signal? Also I will have to take out the cam sensor and test it to ensure its not that. another thing, I have 6 wires there but looking at the disty in the TX5, it should be 5 wires as the third pin is not used apparently, any idea there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried using a spark plug tester to see if all your plugs are okay and producing a spark. with that said even if you get negative it may also be the lead itself but at least you'd have an idea.
Hi, I tested the the leed with a screw driver and holding it close to a earth. (with help of the company mech).
If I can test the trigger wire I should have a good idea where to look for the problem but not sure how to test it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The next thing would be to re install the distributor, and see if you get spark coming out of the spark plug wires. If not, then likely some sensor like the crankshaft position sensor is preventing the spark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts