Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local garage has informed me that the coolant leak I have been noticing will require the removal of the intake manifold. I take it that this will reveal the leak site and allow the repair of whatever is leaking.

Is there a good step by step guide somewhere that would permit me to undertake this job myself. The garage said it would take three hours of labour to do the job which probably would equate to a five hundred dollar garage bill. If it would take an experienced garage three hours it will probably take me a week or more doing it bit by bit. But the bill would probably be less than a hundred for gaskets, etc. As long as I don't break anything!

I haven't had a chance to look at my online manual yet but thought I would throw this question out to see if there is a Youtube video or a pictorial step by step available.

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
since nobody replied I will. Is it the I4 2.0 engine. I have an 89 2.2, and there is a small coolant host that connects to the intake manifold right in the center. Not sure if the 2.0 has that or the set up. But on the 2.2 the intake manifold is very unlikely to fail. If it is the hose then it would be best to replace all coolant hoses. I went to Mazda dealership and got a print out of the hoses it has. The hose to the intake manifold is not easy to replace, but I was able to do it with only removing the large air throttle body hose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts