Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new here, looks like a great forum. I have recently acquired a bone-stock, gen 2, 1997 Mazda MX-6 LS. Black, Sunroof. Tan Leather. Auto V-6. Never raced or tuned. 1-owner before me (little old lady). It has 24,600 original miles--sort of a "barn find" as it sat in a parking ramp for a good chunk of its life. I am going through it right now as it hasn't been driven in some time, replacing worn bits such as trunk shocks, just installed new battery and alternator, had some light body damage repaired and resprayed (passenger fender & door, appeared to be MX-6 vs parking garage wall scrape). I am not sure what I want to do with it, however. I am more of an American and European muscle person...only have had a few Japanese rockets (yes, I know this isn't a true JDM since it was built with Ford in USA) and its not really my style. I may be selling it soon but I have no idea what the current value is? There are so few for sale, and even fewer that are original with low miles. I saw 3 years ago a red LS sold on Bring a Trailer for $7,700 with around 35,000 miles (if I recall) but not sure what mine would fetch today's market
. Anyway, the few I can find for sale are either junk or very high miles and modded out. What are everyone's thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just my opinion, but that car might bring $6-7K to the right buyer. I very well could be underestimating too. The only downfall to the car is the auto tranny. Most prefer manual and the automatics had problems from things I read over the years. Hopefully the bodywork was done well and is not noticeable? How's the leather? I probably speak for other when I say it would be great to see more pictures! Your headlights look clear and not yellowed which is a bonus.
That car is right up my alley. Bone stock, just the way I like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, new here, looks like a great forum. I have recently acquired a bone-stock, gen 2, 1997 Mazda MX-6 LS. Black, Sunroof. Tan Leather. Auto V-6. Never raced or tuned. 1-owner before me (little old lady). It has 24,600 original miles--sort of a "barn find" as it sat in a parking ramp for a good chunk of its life. I am going through it right now as it hasn't been driven in some time, replacing worn bits such as trunk shocks, just installed new battery and alternator, had some light body damage repaired and resprayed (passenger fender & door, appeared to be MX-6 vs parking garage wall scrape). I am not sure what I want to do with it, however. I am more of an American and European muscle person...only have had a few Japanese rockets (yes, I know this isn't a true JDM since it was built with Ford in USA) and its not really my style. I may be selling it soon but I have no idea what the current value is? There are so few for sale, and even fewer that are original with low miles. I saw 3 years ago a red LS sold on Bring a Trailer for $7,700 with around 35,000 miles (if I recall) but not sure what mine would fetch today's market View attachment 13785 . Anyway, the few I can find for sale are either junk or very high miles and modded out. What are everyone's thoughts? Thanks.
I have not seen a black one this nice and low miles since the 1990's. Extremely rare. There are probably no other 24,000 mile Black gen2 MX-6 in existence, so that should add a lot of value over the typical MX-6 prices. With the AT, i think it might be bring as much as $6000. If only it was an MT, it could be a $9000 car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
6k is what it would bring maaaaybe if the right guy pops up. The interior color is a minus, the auto trans is minus. Unfortunately MX6s are a veeeery niche cult car in 2021. Maybe in 10 years with the same mileage it would get 10k.

·
Registered
19 Posts
6k is what it would bring maaaaybe if the right guy pops up. The interior color is a minus, the auto trans is minus. Unfortunately MX6s are a veeeery niche cult car in 2021. Maybe in 10 years with the same mileage it would get 10k.
I think it is more like $6000 is what someone who ISN'T familiar with the MX-6 might pay at a used car dealer for a pristine, low mile and good-looking sporty Mazda coupe that looks a bit like a Nissan 240SX, or a Toyota Solara but much better looking. but yeah, end of the rainbow price maybe. Us longtime fans are getting too accustomed to paying 2-3K for good running examples (except they all have high mileage by then)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts