Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I took my silver 2.5 leather 1997 (R) under 97,000 miles mx6 for it's mot last week and it failed on the following:-

Offside from anti-roll bar linkage has excessive play in ball joint

Offisde front suspension are had excessive play in ball joint

Nearside front track rod end ball joint has excessive play

Nearside front tyre thread below requirement

Offside front tyre thread below requirement

Nearside read break disc excessively worn

Nearside rear outer sill seat belt anchorage prescribes area is excessively worn

Offiside rear outer sill seat belt anchorage prescribes area is excessively worn

It has tax until 30/11/08. I bought a 1.3 Suzuki as we have dogs and I didn't want the leather ruined :) so I'm looking to sell this car.

It has been a great motor and I'm sorry to see it go, I would like someone who has an interest in the mx6 or needs spare parts to get it.

I'll ad some pics on Monday as the cars in Edinburgh just now. Buyer can collect from Lanark or Edinburgh. I'd let it go for around £500 or offers.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi guys,

Oh Shizzle, I have deleted my own post .................:eek:

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...............:mad:

G'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............:cry:

Dear mods can I have it back pretty please.........:help:

Paula

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi again,

Does this mean rust in these areas?

Nearside rear outer sill seat belt anchorage prescribes area is excessively worn

Offiside rear outer sill seat belt anchorage prescribes area is excessively worn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi

I was thinking of keeping the car but I don't have anywhere to store it, the condition is very good with very little rust around the wheels and the sunroof.

I'm not sure if the sills are rusty or not. I'll ask the garage tomorrow as I know them well. They reckon the repairs will cost £700 or so it but I suppose if you know what your doing it would be a lot less. The car runs fine and is as you know great to drive, the only other things wrong is the light for the wiper water is on all the time and the passengers inside door lock has to closed manually from the inside or locked from the outside it doesn't work with the central locking, the engine is sound and spare wheel tyre is mint.

I moved from Edinburgh to Lanark but still work in Edinburgh, if I hadn't moved house I would have had the repairs done and kept the car. I bought a little 1.3 car as I drive around 100 miles a day and petrol was a bit heavy on it.

I'll put up some pics on Monday. I would like it to go to someone who can restore it ideally.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hiya,

Having just deleted my first reply ..............:sigh:

Help moderators, can you find it and put it back please..... :help:

Thanks for the extra info.

Looking forward to seeing the fotos.

Take care

Paula

Hi

I was thinking of keeping the car but I don't have anywhere to store it, the condition is very good with very little rust around the wheels and the sunroof.

I'm not sure if the sills are rusty or not. I'll ask the garage tomorrow as I know them well. They reckon the repairs will cost £700 or so it but I suppose if you know what your doing it would be a lot less. The car runs fine and is as you know great to drive, the only other things wrong is the light for the wiper water is on all the time and the passengers inside door lock has to closed manually from the inside or locked from the outside it doesn't work with the central locking, the engine is sound and spare wheel tyre is mint.

I moved from Edinburgh to Lanark but still work in Edinburgh, if I hadn't moved house I would have had the repairs done and kept the car. I bought a little 1.3 car as I drive around 100 miles a day and petrol was a bit heavy on it.

I'll put up some pics on Monday. I would like it to go to someone who can restore it ideally.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I think your deleted post is gone for good.... :(

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone wants to make an offer then please go ahead or I may break up for parts around the 21st November.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hiya,

Thanks for posting up such good fotos.

Wish more people were like you when selling their car.

There is quite a lot of rust around one of the rear wheel arches which is sad and this, of course, will seriously affect offers made to you.

I wish you well in your sale or sale of parts.

This is why my car is cherished now and hardy ever goes out in the rain ( I know I am nuts ) and most certainly not on salty roads.

BaBaKa was fortunate as it spent most of it's life in sunny Portugal before I bought her.

I see that your car has had some spray work done and so has mine. ( but no serious damage was done to the car )

Take care

Paula

PS. I see that it was first registered on Aug 1st 1997 ( same as mine ). How many owners including you?

If anyone wants to make an offer then please go ahead or I may break up for parts around the 21st November.

Cheers

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
I would get your car checked out by another MOT garage there matey. That list seems just a tad too long, and the price to fix it, WAY too high. I think they may be trying to play you.

Get it checked over again, ask for advice on those highlighted areas and see what a second opinion thinks.

Ben.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey matey

Could you put up some pics of the interior?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts