Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
another addition for compatible dual piston calipers using the stock caliper brackets are all trac 2nd gen toyota celica calipers

·
Registered
814 Posts
Does anyone know, if the first gen springs and strut mount, fit the 2nd gen strut ?

I already know about the 2nd gen shock, spring with 1st gen strut mount.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Ok I called ARP and gave them the messurements for the head bolts holes. Head thinkness 76mm, block bolts depth 29mm and the tread Pitch 12 by 1.50

ARP 2000
Part number# AU4.950-2B $20.22 US per stud

Washer part# 200-8516 (per washer) $.94
Nuts part# 300-8307 (per nut) $4.33

If anybody looking for ARP head bolts.

-Does anybody know for a fact that these are the right sizes. I'd hate to buy them and have them not work
the BS on this is that runs up to $250+ my buddy bought a set for his sr20 s13. 160 i think..

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
another addition for compatible dual piston calipers using the stock caliper brackets are all trac 2nd gen toyota celica calipers
Really? That's interesting... 90-93 AllTracs had single piston calipers.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Bolt measurements are correct, but need to verify that indeed the Millenia and FD front strut mounts will work and become a new aftermarket for rear strut mounts for the 4ws :)

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
my mix up actually it would be 85-89 4th gen celica alltracs:angel:
[cough]

88-89

[/cough]

;)

Some of the early JDM 90-91 Celica GT4s also had twin pots.

What's interesting in all this is that if the dual piston calipers, it should be just as hard/simple to fit the gigantic ST205 Celica GT4 brakes onto a 1G as it is on an ST165/ST185. They're heavy, but they're also gigantic.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
[cough]

88-89

[/cough]

;)

Some of the early JDM 90-91 Celica GT4s also had twin pots.

What's interesting in all this is that if the dual piston calipers, it should be just as hard/simple to fit the gigantic ST205 Celica GT4 brakes onto a 1G as it is on an ST165/ST185. They're heavy, but they're also gigantic.
hush your mouth...I'm working on getting a bracket made for FC monoblock 4pot calipers to work

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
hush your mouth...I'm working on getting a bracket made for FC monoblock 4pot calipers to work
You're in no danger, really... The ST205 brakes require brackets to work on ST165/ST185 anyways, so same rule applies.

ST205 brakes are bigger than the FC units, though. ;)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
They look pretty much the same size, same design even. Though the 205's look like cast iron/steel. The FC's are aluminum :)

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
The calipers might be the same, but the rotors are larger i think. Iono, been awhile since i messed with them since i realized that they were stupid overkill on my 2300lb Celica. :p

·
Registered
814 Posts
does anyone know if the 1995-96 mazda astina gt seats will fit our cars

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Bolt measurements are correct, but need to verify that indeed the Millenia and FD front strut mounts will work and become a new aftermarket for rear strut mounts for the 4ws :)
Millenia front mounts won't work but late 90's Maxima's will :)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Dual valve springs

I can't believe nobody beat me to this:

What: Dual valve springs!
Donor car: GC 626 & B2000.
The OEM dual valve springs from a 2 litre SOHC Mazda FE as found in GC 626's and B2000 trucks.
Also aftermarket spring for the FE or nissan L series engines for even higher seat pressure.

Mods required: none these are a direct fit on an F2.

Well almost... You can fit them as is but it is better to also fit the FE spring seat (sits between the head and the spring) to protect the soft alloy of the head.

Why: The OEM F2 springs have much too low a seat pressure for a highly boosted small-medium size turbo engine.
This leads to valve bounce (the exhaust valve lifting off it's seat due to high exhaust manifold pressure) during the induction stoke when it's meant to be closed.
This kill torque production over around 4000 rpm with a small frame turbo once you are running over 20psi or so.

Note:- With a large frame turbo running the same 20psi exhaust manifold pressure is much less and valve bounce is greatly reduced, therefore dual valve springs are of less benefit in this case.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
mx6 factory rear strut bar fits the probe, but you have to flip the strut mounts upside down :)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Interest, mine wouldn't fit unless I flipped it with the raised ends facing down. I tried each mount on both strut tops and wouldn't fit unless I flipped them.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
mx_masta said:
I can't believe nobody beat me to this:

What: Dual valve springs!
Donor car: GC 626 & B2000.
The OEM dual valve springs from a 2 litre SOHC Mazda FE as found in GC 626's and B2000 trucks.
Also aftermarket spring for the FE or nissan L series engines for even higher seat pressure.

Mods required: none these are a direct fit on an F2.

Well almost... You can fit them as is but it is better to also fit the FE spring seat (sits between the head and the spring) to protect the soft alloy of the head.

Why: The OEM F2 springs have much too low a seat pressure for a highly boosted small-medium size turbo engine.
This leads to valve bounce (the exhaust valve lifting off it's seat due to high exhaust manifold pressure) during the induction stoke when it's meant to be closed.
This kill torque production over around 4000 rpm with a small frame turbo once you are running over 20psi or so.

Note:- With a large frame turbo running the same 20psi exhaust manifold pressure is much less and valve bounce is greatly reduced, therefore dual valve springs are of less benefit in this case.
So where are the actual stats that say what spring pressure the B2000 springs are vs the F2?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
So where are the actual stats that say what spring pressure the B2000 springs are vs the F2?
My estimate for seat pressure for FE-8V spring in a F2 can be found at post #38 in my valve springs thread.

The stock seat pressures for the F2 I'm sure you know are in the TD section of the WSM.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Has anybody put the 88 rx-7 injectors in their 1gen F2T ? do you had to mod anything or are they direct fit and plug in. "no splicing wires"?

141 - 160 of 190 Posts