Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you get the correct year, they're direct fit. 195500-1350 fit the 88s
Andy part numbers do not matter with rx7 injectors as they same part number was used on all 460 injectors from 86-88. All you need to do is look at the plug and make sure the notch is off center.

·
Registered
155 Posts
do we use the the high or low impence injectors? I saw both styles in that part number for the 460
High! Running low will cause like 5 times the power to be used( like 50w vs 10w) I bought an 88 that had low when I bought it and fried the injector drivers in my ecu in like a weeks worth of driving. Im running injectors from a saab turbo. 360cc red tops high impedance to be exact

·
Registered
155 Posts
is our factory injectors 360cc or 340cc ?
more like 310cc for 88-89 320ish for 90-92

My 360's are from a saab. they are great injectors if your only running a few mods like bigger piping/exhaust and dont call for more than 30psi/40 wot so no need for a bigger pump.

I can only assume you have turned your boost over 12psi with a chip and all. Gonna need more fuel for the extra air. From what ive read that chip works really well with 440cc injectors at around 15-16 psi

I had a chipped ecu for a hot minute and I was making some real heat so im sure I was running lean with 360's, which is no bueno; so with the stock 310's our cars came with you would be even leaner.

·
Registered
657 Posts
From what ive read that chip works really well with 440cc injectors at around 15-16 psi

I had a chipped ecu for a hot minute and I was making some real heat so im sure I was running lean with 360's, which is no bueno; so with the stock 310's our cars came with you would be even leaner.
Where ever you read that, stop going there. The only chip that works well with 440's is the 1gB 440 rev b zombie chip and its hard to find, because not many were made.

Guys have taken the stock injectors with bigger turbo well passed 250whp. with base pressure set at 55. I f you still have to stock turbo you will never max out the stock injectors.

For the record 88-89 injector flow a max of 324cc @ 12.6 Ohms, the 90+ flow a max of 326cc @ 13.7 Ohms.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry Freak, you should listen to him as he has been in the mx6 game wayyy longer than me. Didnt mean to mis-inform.

Holy $h!t. Well hells yea! So with a .50 t3,ecu chip,2.5"exhaust,2.5" turbo piping,wal 190, my 360's and an adjustable fpr I can break the 250whp mark for sure:0 Do you think I can max out the injectors with a .50trim and upgraded air flow?ANy speculations on dyno #s for my setup?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorry Freak, you should listen to him as he has been in the mx6 game wayyy longer than me. Didnt mean to mis-inform.

Holy $h!t. Well hells yea! So with a .50 t3,ecu chip,2.5"exhaust,2.5" turbo piping,wal 190, my 360's and an adjustable fpr I can break the 250whp mark for sure:0 Do you think I can max out the injectors with a .50trim and upgraded air flow?ANy speculations on dyno #s for my setup?
Its all gravy brother. No biggie I'm learning like you are. :grin2:

·
Registered
657 Posts

Dyno day for Ruby tomorrow! - Performance Probe Forum

After upgrading to 550 and meth he only say a 24hp increase.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Guys have taken the stock injectors with bigger turbo well passed 250whp. with base pressure set at 55. I f you still have to stock turbo you will never max out the stock injectors.
So with this being said do you think ill hit 250hp? My goals were originally 200hp/250tq so if so im stoked.

Also I really thought my brothers old chipped ecu had something like the jayB440 chip? But im not really sure about that. I know it was JayB but not sure about the 440 part.

·
Registered
657 Posts
So with this being said do you think ill hit 250hp? My goals were originally 200hp/250tq so if so im stoked.

Also I really thought my brothers old chipped ecu had something like the jayB440 chip? But im not really sure about that. I know it was JayB but not sure about the 440 part.

You can hit 200 with a stock turbo. I think the highest dyno was like 215hp.
250 with a turbo swap is easy to get. Just know our stock intercooler suck. the mx-6 intercooler on the flow bench showed just 178cfm's with 28 inches of water test pressure.

I've never seen a good working 88-89 440 chip. Thee were also a few different JayB chips made over the years.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The intercooler and fpr is the only thing left stock on my car except the ecu which will be handled within the month(probably an adjustable fpr too). I cant wait to see what it pulls when I have it Dynoed in january.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The intercooler and fpr is the only thing left stock on my car except the ecu which will be handled within the month(probably an adjustable fpr too). I cant wait to see what it pulls when I have it Dynoed in january.
Our intercoolers suck once you start making power, Even on a stock turbo you will see improvements with a better intercooler. IIRC our turbos can flow 381 cfm's

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yep, listen to 04ProbeGT and upgrade your IC.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ANy Suggestions for a good fmic, or can i find one that flows well and fits in the factory spot?

381cfm: is that how much A factory turbo can push or as much as our intake will allow?
I have a .50 t3/4 and wonder

·
Registered
657 Posts
ANy Suggestions for a good fmic, or can i find one that flows well and fits in the factory spot?

381cfm: is that how much A factory turbo can push or as much as our intake will allow?
I have a .50 t3/4 and wonder
There are a few thing you need to look at when it comes to an intercooler and flow is just one of the factors. You also need design, pressure drop, and efficiency.

My go to intercooler for a stock upgrade with out much work is TRV1259

TRV125 Series Intercooler 500HP- TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE

That's what our turbo flows at max. The ic was tested to flow 178cfm. The treadstone flows 750cfm's before efficiency comes into play.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts