Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I wanted an idea of what hp I'm pushing before I install the J-spec turbo, so I got my car dynoed today. I did two baseline runs : 169.9hp, 274.5 torque. Those are at the wheels. That torque number really suprised me! No wonder it feels so fast. Hope the J-spec produces more horsepower, and for longer too. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Damn!!

That sounds pretty good, 170HP at the tires, 274 ft/lbs of torque!!! The stock engine had like what, 160HP at the flywheel? Sounds like the mods you've already got are performing well.

Let us know what the results are when you get the new turbo on and get it dynoed!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
HOLY SHNIKEES!!!

My friend you just brought back my faith in the gt motor. Thats damn good with a stock turbo. What did you say your next mod is, higher output turbo? keep us posted on how that goes.

By the way, do you have any quarter mile times, just curious how quick that beast is.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 1/4 mile time is in my sig:) That time was on a 95 degree day with close to 100 percent humidity, so I may have been able to get a better time with cooler temps. The stock motor has 145hp at the flywheel, and 190 ft lbs of torque (at the flywheel). There has been a lot of discussion on the factory rating, but it was 145 at the flywheel, and has been dyno proven again and again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I heard differently

Sorry to disagree with you but I thought I hear that the 145/190 was at the wheels and that the stock flywheel measurements were 182HP and 236 torque on the stock.

That is what i have read a couple of times.

Anyone dyno a pure stock MX6 that was in good shape?

·
Registered
268 Posts
There have been many stories that the 145 is at the wheels, but I don't know if anyone has verifed it yet. I'm still running stock and in pretty good shape, anyone know of a dyno run in Austin?
Beach.
'91 GT.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Stock Power

This discussion comes up time and time again but is wishful thinking.

There have been many dyno runs with stock MX6's and again and again they produce betwen 80-90kw ATW. (110-120HP)
Slightly modified examples produce around 110-120kw ATW. This is a myth because people think MX6's go better than the factory figures state.

If MX6's had 182HP their stock performance figures of 15.9 for the 1/4, and 8.2 0-100 (manual) are rather disappointing then...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts