Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i am selling a Bolt on turbo kit. it is a Garret T3 60 trim turbo that has been hybrid'd into a stock IHI exhaust side, the exhaust wheel is bigger than RHB5. comes with a modified manifold, external waste gate, 35mm wastegate, Dump tube to atmosphere, and bung for egt ** also comes with new mint wheel.

took the turbo off my car to weld internal gate shut, and noticed the blade was damaged, it still ran 10psi fine, didnt put it back on due to damage found. currently the turbo must have sucked up a rock and needs a new blade put on, comes with it.

Bonuses: No custum Down pipe is needed, no drilling/taping oil pan for oil return, all stock coolant/oil locations are used. complete bolt on turbo kit. keeps the EGR for etesting,

price as is 850 + shipping

price after rebuild/new blade/balance = price + 150US plus shipping both ways to get fixed.

pics below show the tbird vs the 60 trim, the chipped blade, the manifold, waste gate, dump tube, but dump tube on is not pictured. i originally had the t3 on while getting another manifold set up for external because the Garrett was on a stock waste gate and it was leaking because it didn't work properly and when i went to install the new setup i noticed it, it has normal amounts of shaft play and didn't smoke. i just installed a tbird on instead. since then i have bought a replacement comp wheel of Zach, but never got around to installing it, and now i have sold my probe.

** When i was running this turbo it had a leaky waste gate (internal) and couldn't make more than 10psi, 1FierceGT
came for a ride in my car and commented on how smooth the power curve was and how it pulled all the way to red line.

Garret Hybrid Turbo

Garret vs tbird comparrison

Garret vs tbird comparrison

Chipped blade

External wastegate/tbird turbo

waste gate Dump tube pictured on the ground with the 60 trim

waste gate Dump tube pictured on the ground with the 60 trim

Manifold/turbo

EGT probe location

EGT probe location

EGT probe location

Turbo Setup

Installing on the car

installing on car

instaling on car

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
very interested in this.

has the gate been welded shut?

all it would need is the new wheel balanced on the set and put back together correct?

does it come with everything pictured? (turbo, manifold, wastegate, dump tube, good wheel)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pending sale

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
i would like a close up pic of the exhaust wheel if possible.Im thinking this is the turbo i used to have a few years ago and it had a chipped wheel on the exhaust also.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi, the exhaust wheel is perfectly fine, odds of it being yours are slim.

thanks zach lol t3 60 trims are good to close to 300whp.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ive seen this kit many times in person, and its definately a very nice setup! Brandon took me for a run one day and it pulled very very nice right to redline.:)

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
bump. found a better deal to fit my needs.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im not sure it was a rock, i just dont know how else the compressor wheel could have gotten chipped.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL i thought it was hilarious so had to quote it!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
turbo kit still for sale. not pending

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Bro not to wreck your sale but that is WAY too much. I dont care how much you bought it for, or where. Sure you have a new wheel but it still needs to be balanced to the turbine and the new owner still has to do all this himself.

The only thing that makes it half worth any money at all is because it is what it is- a 60 trim T3 adapted to an IHI RHB5 flange. It still will never be better than an ordinary T3 60 trim that can be found anywhere for under $100. It's never see the 490CFM it's capable of because it will be too restricted on the exhaust side. It's never be better than if it had a stock Garrett T3 exhaust housing. Even the .48 A/R would be better than our RHB5.

Urine Canada, so shipping changes things a little bit, but not by much- I ship to Canada all the time and the difference is not that much. I ship USPS Priority and I use pre paid boxes where weight doesnt matter as long as it fits in the box.

I'm just trying to help you out bro. I think if you lowered your cost to say $350 shipped you'd already have a buyer. C'mon man just free up some room in your garage- ur mom will stop yelling at you to get ur car shlt out of the way, and you'll get some cash in your pocket. Everyone wins.

When ur mom shows n00dz!

·
Registered
385 Posts
lol, I did tell him he would never get around that price, because it still is a stock manifold with a basic turbo. But for sure it still sweet cause its basically everything for a bolt on t3 turbo setup.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's never see the 490CFM it's capable of because it will be too restricted on the exhaust side. It's never be better than if it had a stock Garrett T3 exhaust housing. Even the .48 A/R would be better than our RHB5.
not sure if you know but the turbo does not have a stock IHI exhaust wheel it is the t3 wheel. so essentailly it should flow as much as a t3 and spool faster because of the IHI exhaust housing no?

350shippped LOL ive seen u charge more for tbirds! it comes with an external wasteset up as well. you wont be able to put a t3 on your car for less, unless you can fabricate up a down pipe, tap your oil pan, which requires work/time and weld a steel t3 plate to a old cast manifold. and after all that you still put all you time/effort into and time is money. this is a straight bolt on kit.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pics of the dump tube?
pics can be seen in these 2 pics. in pics it hasnt been painted with Hight temp paint.

Thanks for your interest. it might cost alot to adapte to your 2nd gen probe though

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I had this same turbo on my '88 with a semi-working internal gate it made 230whp @14psi. I never dyno'd with more boost than that. The stock exhaust housing is very restrictive but it is a VERY nice thing to have for those that don't want to mess with their exhaust and remove their AC.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts