Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...here's a grill mod I came up with for the 1st gen. later style (not the black one that's full of holes) grill.

STEPS:

1.Find the later style grill someplace (maybe you already have one; be happy then.)

2.Remove the Mazda text insert from the right-hand side and fill the hole it fit in with body putty/fiberglass.

3.Go to local hobby store and pick up some sheet plastic stock. 1/8" thick small sheets would do. Build the backing section you see behind the NEW mazda logo. (There'd be a bunch of ways to do this part). Do this after you've bought the logo so you know just what size it should be.

4.Buy a new mazda logo (the one on the front of the new Miata would probably work, but there are lots of different sized ones so you might look around the Mazda dealership).

5.Stick it on there as shown! Wal-ah!

Tell me what you guys think. I'm currently building this thing and I'll have pics up sometime...I'm also working out a new-style logo medallion to replace the plastic one in our steering wheels.

P.S. This is not my car...sorry about the bra. It was the only good front view I could find of this car. It came off E-bay. You get the idea.

[Edited by antiSUV on 11-15-2000 at 03:33 PM]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Its doable. Its different. It might just work. But its not really my thing. I kinda like the old school Mazda logo that exists on the 1st gens myself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Somthing i did to the front end on mine, was to add grill inserts to the holes in the bumper. I went to the local hardware store and got the aluminum stuff you use to keep leaves out of your gutters, cut it and bent it to fit the holes, and BAM instant mesh grille. Looked good, that is until i rear ended another car, then god knows what happened to em, maybe they are still stuck to the rear end of the other car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I always liked the new Mazda emblem, I think that looks good. Too bad I already made my own grill! If I had any idea how to post pics here I would, but my computer know-how is not so good. Well what I did was cut out the whole middle and just left the frame. Then I got some aluminium gutter guard at the hardware store and attached it with stainless steel screws to the back. It looks great if I do say so myself. Any ideas on how to post a pic??? I have a digital camera and know how to save the pics, but don't know how to attach it to a post. Thanks!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
TO post a picture you need to be able to store it on the web somewhere. Then you simply link to the image. If you have a place to upload the picture to, upload it then post its address. We will post it for you, or we can then explain how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts