Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I pass by this red 1st gen LX that was coming out of a road one night. I knew he knew I was an MX6, and vice versa. He was on my ass quite a few times along the road. I never flexed the turbo though. I had a feeling he would follow me on the highway. I was correct. He was really on my ass on the onramp, so when the curve straightened out, I flattened his ass twofold. I know I'm the only GT in the area now. Ah turbo, is there anything it can't do?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, i think the LXs are the slowest of the bunch. My DX has been known to take out the LSx in the area. Whys that? Cause i have the same power but much less wieght. It really does make a difference. The LX seems to be for middle aged people that want nice creature comforts, but dont care about the power.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're only 80 pounds less...

G

·
0 Posts
Your darn right the LX was a comfort car! A very very elegant yet sporty car, but didn't exactly knock your socks off when it came to acceleration. I mean I could still womp on the rice boy civics and such, but it holds nothing compared to my LS, except less weight :)
BTW, I bought it when I was 20 (not really middle aged).

G

·
0 Posts
I've had my LX for about a year and a half (2nd owner) and I'm only in my mid 20's. It's a great car all around and it's hard to kill. I've got over 235,000 on the original motor/trans and it's still going strong. Don't get me wrong I've owned a DX and 2 GT's. The GT's got me in too much trouble and the DX didn't have all the toys of the GT's. That's where the LX comes in. And, yes, I do love power. That's why I have a second car for the weekends and track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts