Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought i might ask the first generation 6ers why i should get a gt over a ls? i like the look of the ls more and i would definitely like modifying it more but if anyone can give me advice, i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Each generation has a different appeal. The first-gen can be considered an economical -- yet quite fast -- sleeper car with ample room for 5. The second-gen is more a swoopy, stylish coupe for 2 (there is a back seat, but it's not as useful as it only seats two; also, the rear roofline cuts into headrom to an extent). The first-gen GT w/ turbo has performance roughly comparable to the second gen V6s, although it will be quicker in the low reachers of the rev range thanks to the torque boost from the turbo. If you'll pardon my editorializing, I slightly prefer the first-gen over the second-gen because it's a lesser-known car and thus is harder to rice out (no Shogun bodykit = gooooooood :) ).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what you mean

yeah, the first time i saw the shogun kit i thought not only is it too extreme but just makes the car look bad. erebuni makes a really awesome kit with much smoother flowing lines. that would be the one i would get.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Your in the first gen forum, so it is going to lean heavy to that side, but here is my take. There is more room in the fist gen if you are a taller person. Easier to get in and out of. It is also faster and easier to mod (the gt anyways). I like the looks of the 1st gen gt over the 2nd gem MX6 LS, but I like the looks of the 2nd get probe GT about the same as my first gen MX6. To each their owne. If you can find a low milage 1st gen GT is should be a steal at the price < 5K

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: i know what you mean

wantmx6 said:
yeah, the first time i saw the shogun kit i thought not only is it too extreme but just makes the car look bad.
Tell me about it. Is it me, or does the Shogun nosepiece make the car look as if it is nauseated? :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: Re: i know what you mean

Get a 1st gen MX-6 GT. I run 14.415's with the stock turbo and have invested less than $4500, car included. No second generation Probe/MX-6 could come close for the money. With another $800, I'll have an upgraded turbo and be in the mid to low 13's. Something a second generation could only dream of with the same cash outlay. Plus, it's quite a sleeper!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts