Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK people, i don't have all of the details yet but I'm going to start organizing a meet for sometime in mid March. The weather should start getting a little better so it should be OK. The location for th emeet will be Northern NJ. Specifically in a big parking lot in Weehauken that overlooks New York City. (See th epics of my car if you want to see the location). This location is perfect because it's close to everything. So far, since this will be our first meet, these are the activities I have planned.

Morning/Afternoon-

-We all meet at the parking lot and show off our rides, talk, do minor installs/fixes and what not.

Afternoon/Night-

-Stop by one of the many restaurants in the area and get a bite to eat.

-After dinner, go to the movies and catch "The Fast and The Furious"

After the movie, head out to New York City and party all nighty from bar to bar and club to club.

This is what the day will be like for now but it may change in the upcoming weeks if we get a big responce.

For now, I want your opinions as to what activities you'd like to see or have during this meet.

if you want to be included in the mailing list, please sign up for it under my thread reading "SIGN UP FOR FUTURE MEETS". I will be sending an e-mail with all of the information ONLY to those people that signed up. let me know what you all think.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
What's the status on this Jorge? Have you picked a day yet?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm working on it... Don't know about the movie yet because it might not come out by then. I'm also looking when Englishtown opens up to see if we can maybe head down there for a few but everything else will most likely stay the same... I will send out a mass e-mail when I have everything settled up wih a definitel date.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey Jorge, I think I heard somewhere that the Fast and the Furious's release date has been pushed back to June. (Probably because summer starts and their hoping to bring more kids to the theatres). Anyway I have an alternate idea. Instead of going to see the movie we can go to Stiletto's in east rutherford. Right near Giants stadium. Damn that place is awesome.
We'll have the two greatest things in life- Hot Cars and Hot Chicks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
allworldkj said:
Hey Jorge, I think I heard somewhere that the Fast and the Furious's release date has been pushed back to June. (Probably because summer starts and their hoping to bring more kids to the theatres). Anyway I have an alternate idea. Instead of going to see the movie we can go to Stiletto's in east rutherford. Right near Giants stadium. Damn that place is awesome.
We'll have the two greatest things in life- Hot Cars and Hot Chicks!!!!!
For some reason i don't think my fiance will agree to that... LOL.

besides, some of the people here are not even 20 yet.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!

Hope everyone is well,

So now that we're in the beginning of March, it's time to get things a little more settled.

I have now set up a date for the first meet and that will be on

SATURDAY, MARCH 10th.

I chose this date first of all because it's on a saturday and everyone should be off from work, and we have enough time to make the proper arrangements in order to attend. Also, this is the date when Englishtown Raceway Park is having its seasons 1st annual Import Survivor Series. So I'm thinking that we should all meet at the track and enjoy the entertainment or maybe even participate in the races and see if we can kick some ass.

So here is what I'm thinking the day should go as:

Morning/Afternoon-

-We all meet at the parking lot in Englishtown Raceway Park and show off our rides, talk, do minor installs/fixes and what not.

-Check out the races and vendors, walk around and watch me flex my photography skills on your MX6's and other cars.

Afternoon/Night-

-Leave the track and stop by one of the many restaurants in the area and get a bite to eat.

-After dinner, head out to New York City and party all nighty from bar to bar and club to club. (Optional)

So as always, e-mail me or call me and let me know what you think and let me know if you are coming.

This day should be pretty awesome!

My cell is 201.970.9825

LETS GET THIS THING MOVING!

·
Registered
475 Posts
It's a juice bar (it doesn't serve liquor) so it's 18 to get in!!! And I'm 18!!

Anyway the plans sound good and I look foward to goin down there. U got any directions to englishtown? I live up near u Jorge. Westwood/Wash. Twp area. Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
Unfortunatley I'm working otherwise I'd make the trip from Toronto stay with relatives and be there fro sure. Make sure you post if you're going to do another on in the early summer and well see if a couple Toronto rides can make it down.

Sounds like a sweet day!

·
Registered
293 Posts
DIRECTIONS TO ENGILISHTOWN RACEWAY PARK

What's up guys.. I live 10 min away from the track so i'll be able to give directions.. It's quite simple infact..

I'll just give directions from NY...

1) Take the turnpike South until you get to exit 9.

2) Once you pay for the toll; Bear to your left toward East Brunswick -- Rt 18 South.

3) Once you drive up the ramp you will then be on Rt. 18 South.

4) Drive down rt 18 South for approx 5-6 miles until you see a turn off for ENGLISHTOWN ROAD.

5) You take Englishtown Rd. All the way down until you see a big sign on your left that says ENGLISHTOWN RACEWAY PARK.

Hope that helps!

thanks guys! Can't wait to see more then 3 Mx6's at the track for once!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
!!! UPDATE #2 !!!-1st Meet Scheduled for MARCH

Well guys, since we're getting plowed with snow, this week and
probably will continue to get smacked with snow on thursday night,
we're probably going to have to re-schedule the meet depending on how
th esnow starts melting by the end of the week. If I see that there
is still a lot of snow and it's not melting away, I'm going to push
the meet back 1 week. So if worse comes to worse, the date of the
meet will be Saturday, March 17. I will send another e-mail on
THURSDAY NIGHT with all of the final details of when the meet will be.

So for now, until further details, th emeet is still on March 10th.

I don't know what Englishtown will have planned for that weekend but
the Import Survival Series will most likely be cancelled as well for
this weekend because of the snow so that may get pushed back to the
17th as well.

Also, on a different note, while I have everyone at the meet, I'm
going to be taking pictures of your MX6's and post them up in a web
site I will create for the north eastern MX6'ers. I know there is
NEPO and NEPONJ but I just want to se if I get enough cooperation and
enough people to put up a small site with a list os all of the North
Eastern "members" to show their cars and all the mods they have etc.
Maybe, if it goes well, I'll register a spiffy domain like
http://www.NEMX6.com or something. But in order for me to get it started, I
will need all of your help!

I will send another e-mail on thursday night with the latest
information.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Jorge, i hope you do change the date to the 17th. That way I probably could make it!! I was so pised off that I had to work and would miss the first meet, but now....
Also the idea for the nemx6.com is a great one. I'd be proud to show off my car there. If ya need any help getting this stuff together, just give me a holler.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FINAL UPDATE !!!!

God I hate this weather...

OK even though were going to get hit with some rain tonight, and nothing tomorrow, the raceway Park said they might be closed down tomorow due to the water and snow @ the track. They said maybe, maybe not but I don't want to risk it.

In any case, I am RE-SCHEDULING the meet for NEXT SATURDAY, MARCH 17th @ Riva Point overlooking NYC like it was originally planned.

Again, here are the activities I had planned.

Morning/Afternoon-

-12:00 NOON. We all meet at the parking lot in Riva point and show off our rides, talk, do minor installs/fixes and what not.

-Watch me flex my photography skills on your MX6's.

Afternoon/Night-

-Leave Riva Point and stop by one of the many restaurants in the area
and get a bite to eat.

-After dinner, head out to New York City and party all nighty from
bar to bar and club to club. (Optional)

So we are all going to meet @ Riva Point @ 12:00 NOON on Saturday March 17th. MARK THIS DATE!

For you that don't know how to get there, either e-mail me or give me a call @ my cell @ 201.970.9825 and I'll give them to you.

ALSO! I need for who ever is going to attent to send me an e-mail stating so and how many cars you are bringing.

I hope this turns out good. The last time I tried to set up a big meet a few years ago, it died after I tried to get a final confirmation. I really hope this gos through if not I'm probably never going to organize anything ever agan!...

So e-mail me and let me know if you can make it... Hope to see you there!

I'll send 1 last e-mail of reminder next week.

Jorge Palacios
E-mail: [email protected]
Cell: 201.970.9825

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK guys, lets all cross our fingers and hope that the weather is as nice as it was last saturday.

Lets all try to be there as early as possible. For me, on a saturday, 12 noon sounds early enough so I will be at the parking lot at 12 noon on this saturday the 17th. The plan is still as follows:

Morning/Afternoon-

-12:00 NOON. We all meet at the parking lot in Riva point and show
off our rides, talk, do minor installs/fixes and what not.

-Watch me flex my photography skills on your MX6's.

Afternoon/Night-

-Leave Riva Point and stop by one of the many restaurants in the area
and get a bite to eat.

-After dinner, head out to New York City and party all nighty from
bar to bar and club to club. (Optional)

Again, if anyone needs directions, CALL ME at home or at my cell.

HOME: 201.662.2080
MOBILE: 201.970.9825

That's it. For those of you who want to do some minor installs and whatnot, make sure you have tools or contact someone that can bring tools. If anything we can come back to my place and work on it there.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.