Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered swaping in a Mazda3 2.3L engine into the 6? Not sure if it would work at all but its just an idea I had. Probably would be way to expensive. Give me your thoughts on this.

·
Registered
959 Posts
dude, torque is what moves the car, horsepower is a measurement of work. torque is our friend. get one of those damn torqueless wonder honda motors and then put our "sucky" 2.2 next to it, run both of them up bent mountain and see who gets to the top first

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
gtdreamdxbudget said:
dude, torque is what moves the car, horsepower is a measurement of work. torque is our friend. get one of those damn torqueless wonder honda motors and then put our "sucky" 2.2 next to it, run both of them up bent mountain and see who gets to the top first
that is true. ive driven through a mountain pass in both a small family car and the 6 and the torque is very noticeable. and in a v8 theres just nothing holding those wheels back. torque = good

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
gtdreamdxbudget said:
Better yet, get your friend in a Civic to pace you at 55 mph uphill with cruise control engaged. You'll watch him drop behind you and disapear.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I wouldn't. you would be better off getting a GT engine that makes more power and if you are looking for lots of power than go with the FE3. you would need alot of custom work to get that Mazda 3 engine in there

Reactions: lnlogauge

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
special6 said:
Has anyone considered swaping in a Mazda3 2.3L engine into the 6? Not sure if it would work at all but its just an idea I had. Probably would be way to expensive. Give me your thoughts on this.

I always wondered if people would consider not asking STUPID questions....

why spend the money on a 2.3l mazda3 MOTOR just to put it in a shitbox....

just get the damn mazda3 and dont hack things...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FE3 it is then! I read more into it and it looks like a pretty sweet motor. And no I don't want a Mazda3, it just so happens that I like my MX6 and its in really good shape. I was considering selling it to buy a protege 5, but why do that when I can spend less money to upgrade my car to perform way better and have more fun!

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Not to ruin your excitement. But do you understand what an undertaking it is to perform this motor swap into your MX6 "special edition"? It's been 1.5 years for me and roughly $3k so far and the motor's still on an engine stand right now. Have you done anything like this before, fabrication included?

Off the subject, my brother has a Mazda 3i. Really sweet car for not much $$$.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Despite the flaming.
Id love to be able to fit a H22A into the MX6.
You can find them for cheap in my area.
1000$ to 1500$ for a low KM one.

My friends prelude can run a 14.9 with one.
What could a lighter car do!

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
FUjii13 said:
Fuji- It's funny that you'd link this thread. Any sensible person would realize that it's too much effort and not enough return. Beside that point is that Honda motors/parts are cheap, Mazda parts/motors are not.

More importantly, an overwhelming majority of people who are asking these questions are noobs who won't even own an MX6 or be on the site in 3 months to begin with.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts