Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

what will happen when these cars race? assuming all cars bone stock...

·
Registered
160 Posts
WTF??!! you're kidding right?
unless the WRX is driven by a dog, it will kill both cars. As far as you and the 2.5L impreza, it will be close.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wait a second a WRX yeah thats out of a stock mx6's league but a impreza rs? The thing is underpowered and has alot more drivetrain weight to spin. Maybe on just a launch but in anything else a mx6(v6 mtx) would beat it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've burned Impreza RS their not a fast as their made out to be. As for the WRX it will burn both cars. The WRX's turbo runs 227 hp and runs 4.9 sec 0-60. I any quater mile times for either, but heres the specs from edmunds.com:

Performance Data: Subaru Impreza RS AWD
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.9 sec.
Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 121 ft.
Roadholding Index: 0.87
Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 2.5 liters
Base Engine Type: Horizontally Opposed
Horsepower: 165 hp @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 166 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm
Turning Circle: 33.5 ft.
Drive Type: AWD

Performance Data: Subaru Impreza WRX AWD Turbo
Acceleration (0-60 mph): NA
Braking Distance (60-0 mph): NA
Roadholding Index: NA
Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 2 liters
Base Engine Type: Horizontally Opposed
Horsepower: 227 hp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 217 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm
Turning Circle: 35.4 ft.
Drive Type: AWD

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
A friend of mine told me that the WRX does 0-60 in 5.3 sec. He's a salesman at a Subaru dealership, and he wasn't trying to sell me anything, so I believe him. I saw a brand new one at a 4-banger competition at GLD and it was running low 14s.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I raced my buddy who had an rs impreza (the car has since had a run-in with a tire-barrier...etc on a rally course...and is no longer with us) , and he didn't beat me.

bj

·
Registered
61 Posts
i don't even think the WRX goes 60 mph anywhere in the five sec. area. more like low 6's if i remember. they have some serious turbo lag just plain stock. who cares anyhow if it'll still whoop up our cars

·
Registered
379 Posts
AutoWeek and Car & Driver have both achieved 0-60 times of 5.8 seconds in WRXs. As for the RS, it has a 165-hp boxer 4, which ain't far off the 2-gen in power. I believe they run 0-60 in the mid-8s, owing to weight + frictional losses of the AWD system. Since I've yet to see any magazine anywhere test a non-WRX Impreza, though, don't quote me on that figure :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts