Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! :)

I have a problem with engine runing. When I start the engine work good after one minute runing rpms slowly falls down and the engine turned off. Car have no power in lower rpms...

I think the problem could be that the wires on knock sensor was torn off, now I don't know where it was connected...

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Ok welcome aboard lets start with the basics

When was the last time you did the standard maintenance? Wires, plugs, disty rotor?

Have you checked for vac leaks, what you are describing sounds like vac issues. Do you have any cracks in your elbow to the TB?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Plus one for vacuum leaks. Is the engine a ZE or DE? It will make a bit of difference but google will provide you with a vacuum diagram for either.

I'd also double check timing and fuel - could be a fuel pump/filter issue.

Lastly - check the IAT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine was completly renewed but it worked the same before renewal.

Engine is DE. Fuel filter was changed.

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
Sounds like the IAC (idle air control) is not plugged in or not working. It is on the bottom side of the throttle body and has 2 coolant lines running from it and I believe it has a white connector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like the IAC (idle air control) is not plugged in or not working. It is on the bottom side of the throttle body and has 2 coolant lines running from it and I believe it has a white connector.
Sounds like this maybe even combined with a vac leak since you can run it without the IAC. If you had a vac leak though it's the IAC that would help the engine compensate for it. And yes it's the white plug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts