Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1). Are Hot Shot intakes cold air intakes?

2). Ride wise, what's the difference between springs and coil overs?

93 LS owner - Orlando

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
u can buy springs, such as intrax or eibach(sp), they will drop the car the amount the company tells u, such as, intrax 1.75in, and then that is that, u can not change the hieght, when u buy coilover, such as from Ground Control, u r able to change the height of the spring when ever u want it, that is basic idea, there r some other difference so guys help me out

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Pico said:
1). Are Hot Shot intakes cold air intakes?
Yes.

2). Ride wise, what's the difference between springs and coil overs?
I'd expect, in general terms, a harsher ride and less suspension travel with coil-overs, though I'm sure there are spring kits for use with OEM-style struts that ride just as hard and lower the car just as much. I will, however, defer to someone with more suspension component knowledge than I for a definitive answer :D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
With the ground control setup, your struts will definitely have a very short amount of travel before bottoming out. This all depends on how high you have the coils set and how much you cut off the bumpstop. If you look at my car now, you'll see that there is abount 2"-3" of travel before the suspension will bottom out. Then again, if you raise it all the way up, you'll have enough travel as if it was stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts