Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap. I went through my first bottle on my blown motor, a 50 shot. It spun all the way through 3rd gear.
Today I got the bottle refilled and got jets for a 175 shot.

First time I hit it was at 2000 rpms in 3rd gear and the motor torqued so hard it pulled the turbo intake tube off instantly. I fixed that and hit it in 2nd gear, and spun all the way through. Tried it again and popped the motor. It started running on 3 cylinders and smoking really really bad and then stalled. Pulled the plugs and #1 was covered in oil and puddling out.

Somehow I managed to get the car running again on 3 cylinders and took it out again. Took forever to get 1 psi of boost (where the nitrous activates) then it hit and wham, it pulled like none other but quickly stalled out again, now I think I popped 2 cylinders. Me and a friend towed it to my house and I bump started it and got it running, and in nuetral with the gas pedal to the floor the rpms barely held at 3k rpms. It smoked worse than anything you can imagine.

We got most of this on camera, but I cant upload it to the web :(

I'll be pulling the motor out and I'll have pics soon. I said I was gonna do some catostrophic damage @-

·
Registered
248 Posts
well my pridiction of a hole in the block was wrong.

let the fun begin

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
do you plan on building the motor again, ditching the car, piecing it out?:confused: If the motor is allready shot then go for it, but it just seems like a waste, imagine how much MORE fun you'd have if you concentrated on the car running properly before installing nitrous...I know you want to blow it up and all, just seems like a waste for a few laughs :shrug:

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Dylan James said:
well my pridiction of a hole in the block was wrong.

let the fun begin
you will be suprise how strong the f2t is.IF your car ran perfect before the car might held up with 150shot(wet).but again you only running on blown motor

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you had some fun before getting to work. Too bad you didn't run it on the track, just for kicks, to see what times you could of ran.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SixSick6 said:
do you plan on building the motor again, ditching the car, piecing it out?:confused: If the motor is allready shot then go for it, but it just seems like a waste, imagine how much MORE fun you'd have if you concentrated on the car running properly before installing nitrous...I know you want to blow it up and all, just seems like a waste for a few laughs :shrug:
the whole idea and reason for the nitrous was to completely shatter this motor, I already had a cracked piston so it was toast. It also never had good compression. There was no reason to pull it out unless I absolutely had to. So that's what I did.

I have another '92 117k longblock I pulled at the junkyard that I'm putting in.

As far as taking it to the track, it wouldnt have made it down the strip. It blew the 2nd time I sprayed, but holy christ it was fast. :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
hehe u should of found someone to race that normally is impossbile to beat with just the 20 psi.

then instead of taking pics of your car blowing up you should of took pics of the look on the guys face as your passing him.:E :E

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
now get the motor rebuilt good this time, and get it to break in properly. Also making sure the rings seat 100%. Then reinstall the Nitrous!!!

Methman

·
Registered
56 Posts
Methman said:
now get the motor rebuilt good this time, and get it to break in properly. Also making sure the rings seat 100%. Then reinstall the Nitrous!!!

Methman
I second that

Saw your tailights blow by me the other day... were you using the nitrous then?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well methman, I'm fed up with rebuilds. They never work out for me. Instead I am putting in a longblock. I already did a compression test on it and it was decent.

Nope coyt when you saw me I was not running nitrous. give me a call sometime (PM me) if you want to learn a few things about how these cars are put together and give me a hand.

·
Registered
854 Posts
rebel2k4 said:
Well methman, I'm fed up with rebuilds. They never work out for me. Instead I am putting in a longblock. I already did a compression test on it and it was decent.

Nope coyt when you saw me I was not running nitrous. give me a call sometime (PM me) if you want to learn a few things about how these cars are put together and give me a hand.
yeah man and post that video of F2T destruction :E :eek: :(

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
veltpak6 said:
yeah man and post that video of F2T destruction :E :eek: :(
I need to find a way to transfer from VHS to digital and I will. The video is actually after I nuked 1 cylinder, got it running again, and sprayed again and then trashed another cylinder.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Crazy Bastard

thats great Bran, how much ya got into your car now?! Havent heard from me in awhile huh? @-

·
Registered
326 Posts
DUDE, that just brings me to tears. You sprayed a 175 shot!! There couldn't have been a way to control it, hell the torque spike is absolutely phenomenal. Please post a video, I want people to see what I am talking about with nitrous. Did ya feel like the cop in Fast and Furryous.:D

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
boostedfury it didn't last long enough to enjoy it. It was like maybe 3k rpms of spraying total. But when it hit, it was a rocket.
I pulled the head off today. It was nitrous burn that killed the engine. Sure enough it was both cylinder #1 and 2. In this pic (this was the cylinder with the cracked piston for 4 months) around all the scores you can see a white patch. That's where the piston melted and pieces of aluminum fused to the cylinder wall. Its extremely rough and the block is completely trashed. Also notice how black the piston is from being cracked so long and letting oil seep by.

Here's cylinder #2. If you look closely you can see fused aluminum to the cylinder wall in this one as well.

I'll pull the pistons out eventually and have some pics of that carnage.

rcksprstr where the hell ya been? give me a PM or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts