Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is looking at getting one of these. Its got 80k on it, asking 10,500 at a dearship. He could deff talk em down some, the kbb is 95400 or somthing. But does anyone have any experince with these? What was you feeling on them? Did you have any problems ect? Any imput would be nice, Karma worthy. Its got a 2.5L v6, but i think I read its got like ~180hp, whats the difference between the mx6 2g 2.5L? I think these cars are really good lookin. Lemme know what you guys think!

-JB-

·
Registered
592 Posts
I originally was thinking of getting one, but after reading a few horror stories on the net about superchargers needing replacing ($1500!), and other reliability issues, I kinda steered clear. They sound pretty expensive to repair unless you can do the work yourself, but hey that's the Mazda way with any of their models isn't it? :D

Do a search - someone just posted about the Millenia not long ago. The people who replied seemed pretty happy with the car.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This car doesnt have the supercharger. The Millenia S has the 2.3 v6 supercharged. I dunno I have heard that the atx in the 2g six sux, but I dont know about the Millenia. I did a search and could not find much at all on these cars.

-JB-

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I own a 2000 Millenia S. In the US, the Millenia was made from 1995-2002. There were two models of Millenia, the base model (or "L") with the same 2.5L v6 as the mx6/626, and the "S" model, which had the 2.3L supercharged Miller Cycle V6.

The "L" is a decent car but the automatic transmission is questionable (same as with mx6/626) and power is not great for the Millenia, which is heavier than the mx6/626. The "S" has a lot more power, but there have been supercharger failures which scares some people off. Keep in mind not all of the superchargers fail and those that have had theirs fail have been very vocal and can skew the results. Most Milly S's are good, reliable cars - the automatic transmission in the S is very good and better than the Ford POS found in the 2.5L cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts