Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this kid in a brand new 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, was trying to challenging me to a race at every light, Knowing that his ride has a supercharged 3.8 V6 i did not want to race. Then he kept on trying so I accepted. The light turned green, our tires screaming, next thing I knew I was a car length ahead when he gave up. You never know who you can beat enless you try!

94 LS, 5spd, B+G sport springs, Tokico Struts, Platinum +4 plugs, NGK wires, K+N filter, Vibrant FSTB, Ractive RSTB, 17'' Falken's w/215/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's, and a Pioneer Sound System

·
Registered
52 Posts
It was broke or the guy can't drive. Knowing GM's quality control, I wouldn't be surprised if it left the factory with something worng though. Good kill.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MX6 V6 power to weight ratio is about the same as a GTP, but a GTP is automatic with crappy rubber, and I have good rubber with great suspension, but I beat the cockey little brat and thats the bottom line! It's just like they say "whats power if you can't plant it!"

94 LS, 5 spd, B+G sport springs, Tokico struts, Platinum +4 plugs, NGK wires, Vibrant FSTB, Ractive RSTB, K&N filter, 17'' Falken's w/215/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's, and a Pioneer sound system

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
"whats power if you can't plant it!"
i know what power is, an MX-6. and it sounds like you planted it right up that brats ass ;)

-meaty

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
My friends mother has a 1998 Gram Am Indy 500 Pace Car model, i think only like 1500 were made, its like a 300 hp supersharged V6 (or even V8?) pretty sweet ride, but the handicap plate sort of ruins it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well that kid can't drive at all cuz those GTP's are capable of doing low 14's in the 1/4. But like you mentioned, anything can happen in street racing, it's never your best run, due to road condition.. traction, bumps, etc.. It's usually the one that gets a good jump that wins cuz street races usually aren't a full 1/4. And I see that you're also from Wpg. You cruise on sundays?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to agree about the 1/4 times for GTPs...Even the NA V6 runs mid to high 15s in the 1/4.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mystere_LS should know the street I raced him on, Pembina At University southbound, not the greatest spot, He gave up around the KFC, and yes I do cruise on sundays but the way the police have been its becoming a pain in the ass!, we should cruise on more than one night of the week, the police can't stop us all the time!

94 LS, 5 spd, B+G sport suspension, Tokico struts, Platinum +4 plugs, NGK wires, Vibrant FSTB, Ractive RSTB, K&N filter, 17'' Falkens w/215/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's, and a pioneer system

·
Registered
372 Posts
I"m getting my friends out for Saturdays now.. we just need more people to get noticed. If we can make it both Saturday and Sunday, they can't do it all the time to us. Hey that's where I got into an accident sweet6. Not the greatest street like you mentioned but it's a pretty good strip. I was racing against a "road raged" chick and was she crazy, right at the very end I just decided to give her the lane, not thinking she would jump into my lane. But she did anyways, so bam, my front passenger side got a good beating. She ended up taking off but I got her plate #. She had paid for my whole damage @-

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
WOW! you beat a car that runs 14s all day long with ONLY a K&N drop-in for performance? HURRY! everyone run to the store to get a K&N...

i cant wait til IH8RICE joins this thread.

congrats, you have the fastest 6 on this board and you might be able to keep up with BigProbe's 13.8 if he was having a bad day...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stage36
Have you ever raced? or are you the guy that sits on the side?

Racing is not all about power and torque, It's about timing and
good driving. A good suspension, good shifting, will do better than some guy without.

Street racing is totally different from the strip, you got to account for the road conditions, bumps, and type of pavement, even temperature of the road.

I may not have the engine mods yet, but I rather plant the power then loose it thru crappy stock suspension.

You don't have to be such a Dink about it, the point is I had a good race, and I got the kill, plain and simple.

Next time keep you childish comments to yourself, this is about MX6 fans exchanging stories, not about people taking shots at each other.

I would like to race him again if I get the chance, just to see if it was my driving or his driving that beat him.

94 LS, 5 spd, B+G sport springs, Tokico struts, Platinum +4 plugs, NGK wires, Vibrant FSTB, Ractive RSTB, K&N filter, 17" Falken's w/215/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's, and a pioneer system.

"Performance is not just Engine mods!"

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
well first bigger tires slow you down due to more friction... and lastly, Stage36 is highly knowlegable. Look at his post count. He's one of top ten posters.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
sweet6 said:
stage36
Have you ever raced?
Yes, numerous times. if youll check my sig, youll see that i launch at redline while in the eclipse. surely you dont think i launch at redline when no one is beside me just so i can get attention.

Racing is not all about power and torque, It's about timing and
good driving. A good suspension, good shifting, will do better than some guy without.
i agree, but youre racing a car that, in stock form, is almost 2 seconds faster in the 1320 than you.

Street racing is totally different from the strip, you got to account for the road conditions, bumps, and type of pavement, even temperature of the road.
True indeed, but not even these advantages in your favor will make up for the quickness of this car.

I may not have the engine mods yet, but I rather plant the power then loose it thru crappy stock suspension.

You don't have to be such a Dink about it, the point is I had a good race, and I got the kill, plain and simple.

ill let IH8RICE comment on the suspension. i was somewhat impressed with it. i must also add that... youre driveing in a straight line... suspension helps during the launch and thats about it.

Next time keep you childish comments to yourself, this is about MX6 fans exchanging stories, not about people taking shots at each other.

I would like to race him again if I get the chance, just to see if it was my driving or his driving that beat him.
Next time, ill do whatever i please, unless, of course, the moderators dont condone. Oh, and this is about keeping the B.S. off this board. newbies are very prone to it, so you see where im coming from, yeah?

and one more thing... if this "isnt about taking shots at each other", then why did you call me childish, when i was anything but?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Mystere_LS said:
I thought BigProbe run in the 12's? Cuz there are some guys on the other site that run low to mid 13's like ProbeGT-R and CrazyProbe.. and BigProbe was voted fastest on there.
Oh... last time i checked, which honestly wasnt recently, he was running 13.8s. good for him if he made it into the 12 second club!

But, of course, if this guy takes out GTPs with ease, maybe he runs 12s too. ill bet he put the "filtercharger equipped" sticker on his 6

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well, here I am. I'm hearing more and more of Grand Prix GT's putting GTP badges on... that would make better sense than a MX6 w/ filter taking out a high 14sec 240HP 280ftlb automatic vehicle. The GTP will always shift better than you sweet6 cause it's an automatic. I take second gear up to 92mph at the track... that means if you raced me from 0-about 94 I've only shifted once.
I don't think that the guy was racing... I've spun them before not meaning too... I have a 60' time of 2.1's... that's tough for a lot of cars (besides DSMs) to touch... I'm at 5,800 ft and I have a 0-60 time of 6.8-7.1 which isn't bad. The suspecsion thing... I like my factory McPherson Struts... I like the overall suspension... but I don't think that it wouldn't give you more of a chance at taking one.

Sweet6, have you ever ran the 1/4? The reason why ask is if you knew how hard it is just to shave on 2or3 tenths of a sec you wouldn't say almost 2sec's is negligible in ANY race.

I gotta go but I'll comment a little more later...

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
SURFDUDE575 said:
I am not surprissed my friend has a gt toyota celica stick with soem mods and beat one by a car-length.
I rarely do this but...

BS!!!!!! I'M RAISING THE BS FLAG!!!!!! A Celica GT is NOT that fast... even w/ mods... Supra... yes... Celica... no

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.