Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone can answer this question. Will Mazda ever bring back the MX6? We all know they stopped production in 1997. But how cool would a 2001 MX6 be? I sure would buy one.

G

·
0 Posts
2001 mx-6

it is unlikely conidering the poor rsales of the previous one. Mazda already has the best selling sports car in the world, the miata. And if it were brought back, it would probalby be based on the Ford Contor.

but we can always dream..

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
renesis anyone???

i read somewhere on the web that with the production of the renesis ( rotary genesis engine- 220 bhp sans turbos ) mazda has reason to mass produce on a serious scale. slated for the new engine will be of course the new four door designed for it, however it will already be in production and some of the other product line could really use this infusion of power... and remember at mazda the rx-7 is never really dead. thier are rumors and pictures in the japanese press of a new gen of mx-6 powered by the already usably renesis as well as a rotary miata, all of which would help mazda unify it's sports car line up. Cost effective, being the key word here.SO cross your fingers, and call your local dealer... put some pressure.

G

·
0 Posts
I posted a mini essay of the reasons why the MX6 should be back in Mazdas lineup. It's in the lounge section if you wanna read it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E-MAILED MAZDA

Well I still want to know for sure if Mazda will make a new mx6. I have just e-mailed them today to see if they will bring back the mx6. I will keep everybody up to date as soon as I found out.

G

·
0 Posts
yes

i saw a picture a while ago it was blue and had writting in japaneese or chinese

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well here's the problem. They didnt sell for shit when they where making them so it is going to hard to convince exects that it is something worth dropping a chunk of change on. They only sold 6,550 in 96 according to the press release about its cancelation. We may love our cars but we are an elite/select slice of the auto market. Part of the reason I like the car is that nobody knows what it is. A common conversation goes like this.
"That's a nice car."
"Um, thanks."
"What is it?"
"It's an Mx-6"
"That a jap car?"
"Yea."
"Figures."
This is not a joke. I have had that conversation so many times. We appriciate the cars above average styling as well as that little thought in the back of your mind that the guy next to you at the stop light just may not know if you can beat him or not because he dosnt recognize the car. Car manufactures have found that this stlye dosnt attrack alot of buyers. For most people they want that recognition that comes with owning an Integra. So what if it dosnt look as good, everyone else has one so I'll be cool too.
In other words a wouldnt hold my breath about seeing a new Mx-6 any time soon. However I have heard Mazda is simi serious about a evolution of the Rx-7. Slash the price and exotic-ness and come up with something closer to its roots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like this better

I like this conversation better!

Guy:
"Awesome car man!"
"Thanks dude."
"What is it?"
"Mazda MX-6"
"Cool what year?"
"95."
"Dang man looks newer than that!"

Girl:
"Thats a cute car what is it?
"Mazda MX-6."
"Neat well maybe you should take me for a ride sometime!"
"Sure"

:)) Well you know something along those lines :))

The best thing about the car is that it looks newer than a '95 and it just kicks major @$$!!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
I think this is the best one "Wow! How can you afford a brand new car?"
"Um, its a 94."
"Get the f**k outta here!!" "What is it again?"

G

·
0 Posts
Re: yes

Lord Optik said:
i saw a picture a while ago it was blue and had writting in japaneese or chinese
i seen the same one on the web a while ago,besides haveing a rotory engine it was also rwd.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mazda wrote me back and sz their are no new plans to bring back the mx6. Ah dam!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
The sedan that Mazda is planning on bringing out is tentatively called the RX-8, it's a 4-door rotory power car based of the RX-7 platform, auto trans with shift controls on the steering wheel, rear suicide doors, 276-hp w/o a turbo and built in child seats in the rear seats. This car will see production as Ford has already OK'ed production, I believe for the 2002 model year. There are also tentative plans for bringing back the RX-7 a year or two later, but nothing concrete. Absolutely no plans for an MX-6 though. But there is a Capella(626) car in Japan with a twin turbo AWD version of the KL-ZE engine doing the rounds. This is a possibilty.

·
Registered
216 Posts
this is what i get alot
"damn that a nice car"
thanks
"what is it"
mazda mx6
"oh really did it just come out"
ah no this is a 95
"really damn that car looks new"
thanks!
"so how much where the rims"
I dont know came with the car(15/chrome)
"damn I want an mx6 now!!!!"

is it me or dose everyone stare at our cars like if they were superstars??!!damn i love that!!

R

·
0 Posts
I get that too

I get that conversation as well. What I always love though is the reaction I get from girls. I'm a senior in High School and girls LOVE my car. I go to a very wealthy High School where kids get Z3's, Cobra R's, Firebird Firehawks, and other amazing cars on their freakin 16th birthdays. Always thinkin about my well being I was given a Mazda MPV when I got my license! I actually miss that shaggin wagon though. Anyhow, I worked and bought myself my MX-6 all by my lonesome and I love it. Back too the point though, at parties, parked next to all the types of cars above, when girls walk in, they always asks who drives that green car outside. It usually goes like this...

Girl: Wow, who drives that green car outside.
Me: Oh, thats my baby.
Girl: Is that a new car, I've never seen one before.
Me: <chuckles> Nah, Its a 95 Mazda Mx-6.
Girl: Damn, looks new, its a badda$$ car...

My friend just bought a black Mx-6 identical to my green one and its great drivin' around together. When we drive through town people actually turn around and watch us go by. Its probably just that noone has ever seen one before and they really are gorgeous.

Guys always are hesitant to race cause they've got no clue what she'll do. Most of them laugh and call 'er a rice rocket and say she's bada$$. Very few try wanna race. I have though never been beaten against a firebird, Mustang 6er or GT (never raced a saleen or cobra I'm not that stupid), or Z28 camaro. I did however get reamed by a dodge RT 5.9 liter. We race up to 90 and he won by half a car length.

You'd figure I'd look a lot more with my very limmited amount of addons but I consider myself proficient in stick and of course I'm racing high schoolers who actually believe they'll go faster if they peel for a few seconds...

Anyhow, if anybodies read this far I apologise for the length, just can't stop talking bout my baby and how bad a$$ she is. For all ye wonderers though, in my expirience, in the eyes of the general public, people view Mx-6's with mystery and rank them in coolness with the like of the dream cars I talked about in the very beginning.

To all of us lucky owners...
David Ritchie
Georgetown, Texas

p.s. last week a guy offered to trade me for his '98 z71 offroad. I couldn't bring myself to I love my baby. I can drive my mother's '99 BMW 328 whenever I want but I don't even like to since I bought my Mx-6. I'm a fanatic!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That is So true. everyone always thinks my car is a new car. Then when I tell them it's a 93, they freak. It's funny though. This dude that had a 97 MX6 came up to me and nearly flipped out when I told him it was a 93. Some people just don't take care of their cars.

on another note, I think the MX6 was ahead fo its time. Meaning that people just were not ready for a car like this. Too bad there's never going to be another redesigned MX6.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts