Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
thursday night driving down a local 4 lane street, i noticed a lil group of guys staring at a crx with a new body kit. so i drove like an [email protected]@ past them. this guy hopped into his 2001 nissan maxima and tried to get next to me. i got caught at a red light and he pulled next to me. i revved my engine a lil to show that i wanted to race, but even with several engine mods, i knew i couldnt take a nissan maxima. so i just let him have his little victory by not even racing him. sorry guys...once my hks ball bearing turbo, intercooler, and downpipe comes in and get bolted on maybe ill give it a shot.

·
Registered
666 Posts
WHAT?
Are you sick?
Even with more horsepower the new Maximas are S L O W E R than the old ones!
You should have at least TRIED to run it!
<holding head with hands> I'm so ashamed.
<sniff>

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
You have a shot even without those mods with them forget about it you'll eat that s#$t up. The new maxima does get up even more than the older ones in my opinion.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Okay, your opinion vs. the road tests in the magazines I get. The old one did 0-60 in 6.6, the new ones in like 7.3 or something, I'll look later and be sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's the opposite. The new ones are in the 6's and the older ones were in the mid 7's.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Oh well, I read so much stuff, that I just got the numbers confused I guess.
I could have sworn it was the other way around though.
Okay, I stand corrected.
XO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts