Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my neighbor and i were driving around town in his 96 (or 7) 240sx. now befor i go any further ill tell you that if you compared this car to a real jspec, the only difference would be where the steering wheel is and the speedo is in mph. full s14 body panels, silvia jdm sr20 and tranny. its a very nice car. it is lowered, but other than that it has oem rims, so no graphics or wings or anything. just has the silvia emblems. he just got the car back after getting the head p&p and we're driving around town just cruisin and this like 01 prelude with a body kit and wing and graphics and like 18's comes up next to us at a stoplight. i see on the side it said "jackson racing". this kid revs his engine and i hear a supercharger and i knew they were both gonna go. i dont know exactly but i know that my neighbors car has over 300 whp and is a real monster when it comes to drag racing. so anyway the kid in the prelude holds at like 4k rpm and drops the clutch when the light turns green and by then end of 2nd, we had about 3 cars on him. it was a great experience. i didnt have to waste my own gas, and got to ride in a really cool car. i love silvias.:D

·
Registered
848 Posts
I sold my 240SX 2 year's ago:( Imagine what it would of been today if I kept it.

Sound's like a bad ass car though. You should ask him if you can drive it, or see how bad you WRX loses to one of Japan's finest:D

Juggalo

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
him and i race a lot actually, because he built the car from stock and i used to be able to beat it by like 5 miles, now by the end of my 3rd gear, he usually has about 3 or more cars on me:D oh well its fun i can still outhandle him.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would a wrx be considered one of japans finest?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought an old s13 coupe that didnt run and planned on building it up a while back, but instead i bought a wrx. the s13 chassis hatchback and 180sx is by far my favorite rwd car. somebody who is more of a nissan expert than i am, did the 180sx (jdm) come with an sr20 stock? i thought they came with the ca18det motor, hence the 180 = 1.8. someone correct me if im wrong, but thats what i thought.

·
Registered
848 Posts
wrx6 said:
i bought an old s13 coupe that didnt run and planned on building it up a while back, but instead i bought a wrx. the s13 chassis hatchback and 180sx is by far my favorite rwd car. somebody who is more of a nissan expert than i am, did the 180sx (jdm) come with an sr20 stock? i thought they came with the ca18det motor, hence the 180 = 1.8. someone correct me if im wrong, but thats what i thought.
I've owned 2 240SX's (1993's) and as far as I know, every Silvia, and 180SX had the SR20DET, I might be wrong:shrug:

Juggalo

·
Registered
642 Posts
i am pretty sure the sr20det was an option from japan in the eaarly models of the s13 and 180sx, and in the later models it was standard in the 180sx (and more popular in the s13). the ultimate machine is a sileighty. s13 silvia front, 180sx rear. such a sweet looking car. there is about 3 sileightys around my area and at least a dozen 180sx's (sr20dets) and s13 silvias are everywhere (even if they are ca18de autos....)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts