Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at these tail lights for the 6, these are on the Aus ebay site but shipping from NZ..

CRYSTAL JDM BLACK TAIL LIGHTS MAZDA MX6 1993-1997 - eBay Tail Lights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 07-Dec-08 11:24:06 AEDST)

Just curious, it looks like it has US style lights, I mean how it has no clear lens for the blinker, seems to be red with the only clear lens for reverse light.. It says it comes with "orange bulbs for legal use" but wouldnt it just come out red and therefore be illegal here?

These are the only black tail lights I can find and I don't like chrome ones.. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers, Aiden

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have heard of people using green globes to make the light amber but i don't know :shrug: they would deff be illegal with red indicators

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I saw those as well, coming from the US they will more than likely be all red..

Is it legal to have a green bulb in there as long as it comes out yellow, regardless of lens colour? Or is it illegal for the blinker lens to be red regardless of what colour it gets illuminated??

·
Registered
892 Posts
Theyre different colour reds by the look of things, i would say it would come out orangeish... either way, Shit looking lights with Shit build quality, i really wouldnt bother.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not that we needed to know your opinion of the lights themselves mhale, I've got a mate that knows someone at the RTA and was able to talk to the vehicle regulations guy, apparently tail lights are legal as long as the lights light up the colour they are supposed to, regardless of lens colour, and as long as they have reflectors.. (if not, reflectors on the rear of the car somewhere).. Just in case anyone else was wondering!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I put my ones in the other day they look good..
Just use amber globes and the do light up amber.. infact you almost have to use red ones as well they are very light tinting..

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
sorry mate i didn't take any.. don't know if contempo did?
yea they are a direct swap...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not that we needed to know your opinion of the lights themselves mhale, I've got a mate that knows someone at the RTA and was able to talk to the vehicle regulations guy, apparently tail lights are legal as long as the lights light up the colour they are supposed to, regardless of lens colour, and as long as they have reflectors.. (if not, reflectors on the rear of the car somewhere).. Just in case anyone else was wondering!
You put your question up publicly mean it was open to public opinion, both positive and negative.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
are in now.. they look good to me but then they are on the most sex second gen ever lol

but sadly I’m not able to take picks at the moment .. like I was saying I thin dave (contempo) may have..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Most sex 2nd gen ay? Have you got any pics of it at all?? I think i might've seen it in gallery, can't remember though..

I ordered my lights yesterday, should hopefully be here early next week.. I got my stock lights off already in anticipation!

·
Registered
110 Posts
i got the exact same tail light except my ones have a small chrome strip around the ring before the lens and stuff ALLCRASHPARTS.com or whatever sells Green indicator globes they come out amber lolz. and dont try LEDS they look shit because the lights enter at a angle you can hardly even see them waste of 20 bux =[

1 - 17 of 17 Posts