Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering
have anybody succeded to put in a 2,5 V6 engine in a 1gen MX6 or 626. Does this operation requier any moods or special parts other than a complete engine with ecu and wiring
Maybe the gearbox????

·
Registered
405 Posts
i have heard the talk on this before. and i dont think it would work to well. the money you are going to spend to get to fit is going to be alot, if it even will (i think it is to tall to fit under the hood). and secondly the money you are going to poor into it isnt worth it, you could easily spend that $2000 on modding the hell out of your 2.2 turbo.

try doing a seach on here and probetalk, i belive this has been discussed quite a bit in that past.

G

·
I think it's possible, with a few mods, but none major.
I've seen photos of 323 with a MX6 V6. If that's possible, than it can be done.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I would go with a turbo for more Power (the liter weight motor will give you better handling the front to rear weight ratio is more even then and you get larger percentages in horse power with 4 cylinders the only advantage with a V6 is a smother running motor) but if your going to put in a Mazda V6 don’t mess with the 2.5L get a 2.3L from a Millennia. If I had my Mazda book here I could tell you some specs. But it is a higher horse motor don’t let the smaller size throw you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ive seen some ads for 1st gen MX6s that have v6. Ive never seen them, but its not all that unbelivable. 1st gen Probes came with v6s, I dont see why Mazda wouldnt do the same. Anyone actualy see one?

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
One thing you propably have to change is that crossmember. The V6 would require more room downthere. I was playing with this idea when I had '89 626. I think it is a hell of a lot of work involved, BUT that would really be something different. Isn't that somewhat what it is all about... LOL
Mici

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Different

deejayarse said:
One thing you propably have to change is that crossmember. The V6 would require more room downthere. I was playing with this idea when I had '89 626. I think it is a hell of a lot of work involved, BUT that would really be something different. Isn't that somewhat what it is all about... LOL
Mici
You got the point it aint just power that interest me
i also would like to have a car thats not just one of a croud (do i use the rigth word)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
OK, then take an 88-92 626 SEDAN, drop in the 2nd gen. Jspec V6 + the euro AWD tranny and driveline. That would be, ummmm, different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you want differant go with the 2.3L the 2.5L is the same block so it will be the same amount of work to but it into your car. But it will cost you more unless you get lucky and find a good deal on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts