Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....Does anyone in Adelaide has a buddy kit on their 2nd Gen?

Id really would like to put one on but id like to see one in real life before I commit to getting it done.

The photos on the web look good but photos dont give a great indication.

e.g. I used to love the veilside kits on MX6's when I saw pics on the web but in real life I wasnt that impressed with them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
matey, i can get a buddy club kit but it cost heaps, bring it from us.. i was offered one.

i had to tick ith the veilside cause they wanted like 550 for the front bar only.. no way ..
i got my veilside for 900 of a guys here who does holded kits
he bought it for some biatch and she never showed up.
so i was "lucky"
fitting it is another bastard. trust me on that one, especialy the sideskirts. (leave them in the sun they reackon the become a litle flexible ) :)

good luck finding one anyway, (they are by far the best one for the gen 2 IMO.)

my kit came with

front bar
sideskirts
rear 1/4 panels (glue on sh!t)
and that chunky ass wing (looks better if you put as far back as you can go) :)

cheers

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had the veilside kit on my old mx6. and yes they are so so so hard to fit, reason being they are actally made for a supra, but the shape is close enough to MX6 so they just say that they are for the MX6. They are worth money, they really trasform your car. As i said i have sold mine, but if you are really interested i might be able to tee it uop with the new owner from you to go have a look

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.... MXTCY, who put your kit on?.....were they in SA and would you reccommend them to someone else?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey,

I put a Vielside Side and rear quarters on last month. Its a bit of a pain in the arse. Its not the greatest looking kit either.

Without the rear wing and from directly behind it looks very funny. Its the thin back end with the big rear skirts on it.

I'll have to post a pic. The car looks best from the side view and angled front.
edit: (you can sort of see what I mean below)

If you decide to go with the vielside front bar too, that looks a bit strange too because it is very pointy and does not follow the contour of the bonnet.
[vielside front]

[invader front]

Myself, I fit a Invader (I think its called) on the front. It follows the contour of the bonnet. I made the mistake of not looking at it when it was prefit, becuse the bar is too short and doesn't go down low enough. I have plans to get this extended though, maybe in a week or too.

And with the fitting, the rear quarters need to be heated up and curled into the bumper. You need to some special screws and to putty it over to hide the screws after you have put it on. They were a pain in the arse too.

As wiht the sideskirts, you have to work out whether you will have them ported or unported.

My advice is make sure you see one with the kit on it in R.L before you buy. but also have a panel beater/spray painter you can trust to do the job right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts