Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Did you find this helpful?

• Yes! This is what we needed!

Votes: 118 85.5%
  • It's OK but my system is my secret and it stays like that.

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Nope, we don't need a thread like this.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Okay, we already know you have a turbo. Why don't you just boost away now.

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey. ive been fitting turbos on 2nd gen mx6s for a while now, just finished my latest one yesterday, ive been driving it around and checking it all morning every thing seems good. If anyone needs advice or help please dont hesitate to ask. i live on the gold coast australia. if u would like to see one i did a few years ago, search for nitricnick on youtube and ul find me, it shows some highlights of the agent orange build, the latest one is a 93 mx6, night train. i will be posting vids showing the build today. cheers NITRICNICK CUSTOMS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi...
I'm from Trinidad and tobago and I just bought a 1993 MX-6 with the KF 2.0 V6. I have no idea as yet if it is a KFZE or a KFDE. I am planning to turbocharge my car. I just wanna know if the KL's Exhaust manifold is the same as the KF. I've searched online and my search has always retunred 93-97 MX-6/ Probe 2.5 V6. Would it work on my KF???

·
Registered
978 Posts
Car/Model/Engine/Year:

- MX-6 LS 2.5L KLO3/KLDE V6 94

Method of forced induction used:

- T3/T4 Turbo .63AR Exhaust Side .50AR Compressor Side. 38mm Wastegate with a 4psi spring

Intercooled or not, type of your choice:

- Front Mounted Intercooler

Piping/drive system for SC's:

- custom 2.25 inch intercooler piping

Fuel mods:

- Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, 310cc Millennia S Injectors, Vortech 12:1, Apexi AFC Neo.

Engine/tranny mods:

- Tranny Saver Bracket, Custom side to side front crossmember, Poly filled motor mounts, 16.5 pound MX3 flywheel, stage 4 sprung bully 4 puck ceramic clutch.

Special features on your system:

- Running on an OEM ECU with VAF pre turbo, Apexi AFC Neo controlling the injectors at idle and cruise at 14.7, and the FMU controls the injectors under boost at 11.3

Performance:

- 240/239

Was it hard to come up with this:

- I researched every facet of this project for two years before attempting anything on it. Once i got started, it was fun and a good learning experience for me and my dad.

How long did it take to build your system:

- I did it slowly over probably 6 months. Would have been faster if I didnt make a how-to video for each step!

What is your knowledge about our cars:

- I started with just replacing the rear vcg, but now I know how to do everything, I'm only 20 right now, so this is pretty cool. I didnt know much, now I know more than most. Ive also done some crazy custom things no one else has done.

How much money have you spent on this all:

- About 1.8k so far. I made a thread on the prices of things.
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250020

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted:

- its a long trip that will teach you how to do everything there is to do on this car. Make sure you have a car to drive while youre working on this one because nothing ever goes to plan. Took me a month just to get it running after i finished installing parts! Its tons of fun, but youll have to get your hands dirty! Watch all my how to videos! Also, do your clutch before you Turbo. You have to remove all the turbo components to replace the clutch!

Mazda MX6 V6 Turbo How-To: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLroKCzk_-gBeqf6CmAGD5GDgnbQRbGDfi

81 - 84 of 84 Posts